Zimbabwe "crisis"

It is a pity that he didn't 'fall' down some steps and his hideous wife tried to stop him and fell down with him - if you catch my drift.

However, I have no doubt that if/when asked, somebody in HMG will think it is a good idea to go in and help an old friend out.

It was said that the late Idi Amin claimed to be the uncrowned king of Scotland.

Mugabe, however, seems to have Yorkshire connections,with Lord Carrington referring to him as "Ebagum".

Interesting to see whether Mr Mugabe or his wife - comes bouncing back, and how many heads will roll in their unfortunate country.

Reminds me of the joke the late Ted Rogers told during the Rhodesia meltdown , ' Reverend Indingi Sitoli , Joshua Nkomo and Robert Mugabe......have to negotiate with a bloke called Smith ' .:)

It's not a military coup though.

The bloke in the military uniform who has seized control of the media at gunpoint and is now in charge of the country has said so.
And it's only an interim measure anyway. Honest.

I believe him :rolleyes:

So Mugabe is in 'protective custody'.

Here's thought - a renegade policeman/soldier (delete as appropriate) slots M and Mrs M in their cell, sorry, state apartment and is then himself shot (sorry, executed) by loyal forces. Sadly, though not killed outright, Mr and Mrs M were DOA at the hospital. (The double taps might have had something to do with it)

I don't think your average Zimbabwian is going to be able to tell the difference even if Mugabe has gone at last..All the Army wants to do is stop Mugabe's wife doesn't take over from him. The best that can be hoped foped for is a kind of Mugabe light as his proposed relief has been his deputy for some time.

Mugabe is a twat. His wife is a twat as well. Mugabes relief will therefore also be a twat.
This is an impoverished African country that is going to get a replacement despot who can wave
a machete about better than Mugabe, because he's getting on a bit.

Nicolae Ceaușescu and his old lady got their tickets punched back in December '89 for not being nice to anyone.

Not that I'm suggesting anything.

Mugabe is a twat. His wife is a twat as well. Mugabes relief will therefore also be a twat.
This is an impoverished African country that is going to get a replacement despot who can wave
a machete about better than Mugabe, because he's getting on a bit.

Nicolae Ceaușescu and his old lady got their tickets punched back in December '89 for not being nice to anyone.

Not that I'm suggesting anything.
An anagram of His name is e ba gum. Yorkshire roots?...:rolleyes:

Note to Solicitors:

The theme of my post (above) has been amended to reflect that the late, great comedian,
Charlie Williams, is not in fact ROBERT MUGABE - ex leader of the republic of Zimbabwe.
The post now depicts Mr Mugabe and Her Majesty the Queen theoretically attending a
recording of the television programme "The Wheel Tappers and Shunters Social Club"
(Granada television 1974-1977), which often featured well known comedians of the day -
Charlie Williams being one of them. Neither Her Majesty the Queen or Robert Mugabe have ever
been in the audience of this popular programme (to the best of my knowledge).
Any so called "injured" party (i.e. The Royal Family/The Mugabe family/
Mr Williams family/Granada TV)
who wish to sue me for defamation of character
can therefore kiss my hairy pucker because I haven't got a pot to pi** in.

Yours Affectionately,

Billy N'Mates

huwshpis

Lantern Swinger
And even if Mr M was so ill disposed as to want to sue, he'd have to sue here, and to do that, he'd have to put up security for costs (i.e, pay money into the High Court), which might be difficult if his connections to the outside world are restricted. ;)

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
It is a pity that he didn't 'fall' down some steps and his hideous wife tried to stop him and fell down with him - if you catch my drift.

However, I have no doubt that if/when asked, somebody in HMG will think it is a good idea to go in and help an old friend out.
Hopefully he will soon be in Hell, alongside the other ex terrorist, Mandela.