Zimbabwe "crisis"

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
It is a pity that he didn't 'fall' down some steps and his hideous wife tried to stop him and fell down with him - if you catch my drift.

However, I have no doubt that if/when asked, somebody in HMG will think it is a good idea to go in and help an old friend out.

Wightsparker

War Hero
It was said that the late Idi Amin claimed to be the uncrowned king of Scotland.

Mugabe, however, seems to have Yorkshire connections,with Lord Carrington referring to him as "Ebagum".

Interesting to see whether Mr Mugabe or his wife - comes bouncing back, and how many heads will roll in their unfortunate country.

Stirlin

War Hero
Reminds me of the joke the late Ted Rogers told during the Rhodesia meltdown , ' Reverend Indingi Sitoli , Joshua Nkomo and Robert Mugabe......have to negotiate with a bloke called Smith ' .:)

Ballistic

War Hero
It's not a military coup though.

The bloke in the military uniform who has seized control of the media at gunpoint and is now in charge of the country has said so.
And it's only an interim measure anyway. Honest.

I believe him :rolleyes:

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
So Mugabe is in 'protective custody'.

Here's thought - a renegade policeman/soldier (delete as appropriate) slots M and Mrs M in their cell, sorry, state apartment and is then himself shot (sorry, executed) by loyal forces. Sadly, though not killed outright, Mr and Mrs M were DOA at the hospital. (The double taps might have had something to do with it)

fishhead

War Hero
I don't think your average Zimbabwian is going to be able to tell the difference even if Mugabe has gone at last..All the Army wants to do is stop Mugabe's wife doesn't take over from him. The best that can be hoped foped for is a kind of Mugabe light as his proposed relief has been his deputy for some time.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Mugabe is a twat. His wife is a twat as well. Mugabes relief will therefore also be a twat.
This is an impoverished African country that is going to get a replacement despot who can wave
a machete about better than Mugabe, because he's getting on a bit.

Nicolae Ceaușescu and his old lady got their tickets punched back in December '89 for not being nice to anyone.

Not that I'm suggesting anything.

Mugabe is a twat. His wife is a twat as well. Mugabes relief will therefore also be a twat.
This is an impoverished African country that is going to get a replacement despot who can wave
a machete about better than Mugabe, because he's getting on a bit.

Nicolae Ceaușescu and his old lady got their tickets punched back in December '89 for not being nice to anyone.

Not that I'm suggesting anything.
An anagram of His name is e ba gum. Yorkshire roots?...:rolleyes:

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Note to Solicitors:

The theme of my post (above) has been amended to reflect that the late, great comedian,
Charlie Williams, is not in fact ROBERT MUGABE - ex leader of the republic of Zimbabwe.
The post now depicts Mr Mugabe and Her Majesty the Queen theoretically attending a
recording of the television programme "The Wheel Tappers and Shunters Social Club"
(Granada television 1974-1977), which often featured well known comedians of the day -
Charlie Williams being one of them. Neither Her Majesty the Queen or Robert Mugabe have ever
been in the audience of this popular programme (to the best of my knowledge).
Any so called "injured" party (i.e. The Royal Family/The Mugabe family/
Mr Williams family/Granada TV)
who wish to sue me for defamation of character
can therefore kiss my hairy pucker because I haven't got a pot to pi** in.

Yours Affectionately,

Billy N'Mates

huwshpis

War Hero
And even if Mr M was so ill disposed as to want to sue, he'd have to sue here, and to do that, he'd have to put up security for costs (i.e, pay money into the High Court), which might be difficult if his connections to the outside world are restricted. ;)

guns1969

War Hero
It is a pity that he didn't 'fall' down some steps and his hideous wife tried to stop him and fell down with him - if you catch my drift.

However, I have no doubt that if/when asked, somebody in HMG will think it is a good idea to go in and help an old friend out.
Hopefully he will soon be in Hell, alongside the other ex terrorist, Mandela.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Local statement on human rights situation in Zimbabwe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid-funded mine clearance success in Angola to be repeated in Zimbabwe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government response: Ministerial statement on Zimbabwe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: FCO Minister statement on Friends of Zimbabwe meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: EU suspends more Zimbabwe measures following referendum MoD News 1
4to8 Zimbabwe Truckers show the way The Gash Barge 1
G Zimbabwe Current Affairs 22
MoD_RSS UK-Egypt partnership at heart of global efforts to tackle climate crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rohingya crisis: Three years on MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK pledges more aid for Beirut crisis at global summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A year of transformation, inclusion and continuity in crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gurkha charity and Foreign Office staff support Gurkha veterans and Nepalese communities through Coronavirus crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK International Development Secretary gives strong commitment to help Bangladesh and Rohingya through the coronavirus crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crisis in Venezuela: Foreign Office statement, 17 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gender impacts of the COVID-19 crisis MoD News 0
T Assessments during the Covid-19 crisis? RFA 4
MoD_RSS Dame Louise Casey calls on community partners to help with COVID-19 rough sleeping crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement on safety of journalists and access to information during the COVID-19 crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS "The world's worst humanitarian crisis can't afford to deteriorate any longer"- Calling for de-escalation in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RAF delivers UK aid to Turkey for Syrians in crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Academy NW seminar: "Probation - in crisis or on the road to recovery?" MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New team of British medics to tackle measles outbreak in Samoa over Christmas as crisis continues to claim children’s lives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The new normal: leadership in the climate crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces extra £87 million funding for Rohingya crisis in Bangladesh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Oral statement to Parliament on the Ebola crisis in DR Congo MoD News 0
vauxhall NHS Chiefs Hold Emergency Talks Over Pensions Tax Crisis Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Yemen crisis won’t be solved by UK arms exports halt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Addressing the Rohingya refugee crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Addressing the manmade humanitarian crisis in Venezuela MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK and NATO allies to test crisis response on exercise in Germany MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt: the Rohingya crisis must not be forgotten MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New investment for businesses to tackle ocean plastics crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Addressing starvation and the humanitarian crisis in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Call for a Political Settlement to Address the Humanitarian Crisis and Security... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Recognising ECOWAS and Civil Society's Role in Resolving Crisis in Guinea-Bissau MoD News 1
D manpower crisis? The Quarterdeck 67
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary in the Gulf to Discuss Countering Daesh and the Yemen Crisis MoD News 0
Stirlin Migrant crisis: Russia and Syria 'weaponising' migration Current Affairs 4
S RN manpower crisis - what can the RNR do? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 183
SONAR-BENDER ISIS Crisis? Diamond Lil's 4
C 1963 Cuban missile crisis - Malta & Gibraltar History 0
MoD_RSS News story: Syria crisis: Latest updates on UK aid MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News article: Foreign Office Minister updates on Algerian hostage crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News article: The Foreign Secretary has commented on the hostage crisis in Algeria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Foreign Secretary has commented on the hostage crisis in Algeria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Office Minister updates on Algerian hostage crisis MoD News 0
trelawney126 RAF takes the Credit for Cuban Crisis History 43
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Cuban missile crisis: The other, secret one History 1
janner Banking Crisis !! Miscellaneous 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Director - Security, Continuity & Crisis Management The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0