Zidane

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by come_the_day, Jul 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What on earth did Matterazzi say to provoke the head-butt?

2. I am not sure, but I suspect that the whole of Italy should have a whip round for him, it almost certainly secured them the cup.

Peter

3. Hillarious. Zidane doesn't just lash out, he has to run round the guy to get in to postion, sets himself up then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc bam!

As the comentator says "Mais pourquoi? Mais pourquoi? Mais pourquoi?"

4. Nice to see the Italians win it. With the state of all things football in their country this was an opportunity to retain a little of their national pride and dignity ..... until that plank goaded Zidane into head-butting him.

As to what he said ? Something like "Your mother was sired by a three legged camel" might have done it. Who knows, but I suspect there is already an army of lip readers out there trying to make it out.

5. FIFA does it again Zidane still gets the Golden Ball despite his behavior.

Peter

6. It's like I said to a man in the pub last night, what ever he said, does it really matter, what they going to do to Zidane?

Ban him for 3 matches, dock him 2 months wages. Shame he couldn't have done it to C Ronaldo instead, they would have probably given him the freedom of Paris.

7. Didn't think of that! Give the far-too-talented Portuguese wimp a reason to cry, as well. And he might have been given the freedom of England.

8. It seems they are moving away from diving, trying baiting instead. (More difficult to prove).

9. I think the baiting has been going on almost since they started playing games, they have a name for it in cricket which escapes me at present.

On the BBC news last night (not perhaps the most authorative source these days but a trifle above the Sun) they had a lip reader look at the tape but were only able to see the Italians mouth, he started of quite friendly and then changed to the type of insults reported, but it seemed clear that Zidane had also spoken, perhaps he just got some of his own back and didn't like it.

Apparently also this was not the first time Zidane had cracked in a high pressure game. There does seem to be perhaps more to it than just a few well chosen words in Italian.

Peter

10. Apparently it was a crack about his mother.

11. Whatever it was, it worked, it won them the cup.

12. Unforgivable!
    Should have done it properly and smashed the greasy, cowardly, pillow-biting, WOP [email protected]'s face in!

13. Short,to the point there Shippers!LOL

14. Its called 'Sledging' Peter.

Whatever the eyetie said, Zidane should not have reacted. He should have waited until the end of the game and then 'done' him in the tunnel. Ooo er missus! :oops:

15. Thanks, and there was me thinking sledging was something you did with a thing made out of wood and stuff and some snow. A sheltered life we lead up in the frozen north.

Peter

16. I heard a comment was made towards Zidanes mum and a slating to do with god!