Zara Phillips, BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

sgtpepperband said:
slim said:
sgtpepperband said:
A vote on board of that nature would never need to take place - we all know that he'd win! And who'd be brave enough to stand against him as a nominee?! :wink:
Ok sarge I'll get me lid :(
No need; we'll talk about it like sensible adults over a pint and come to an agreement that I was right all along... JOKE!! :lol: :lol:
What do you mean a pint. If I'm going to be seen drinking with the Jaunty I'd better have at least half a dozen :twisted: :wink:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
clanky said:
slim said:
What I want to know is how did a darts player get into the top 10?
Not another member of the "Darts is'nt a sport brigade". there are loads of other sports that focus on concentration and application over physical fitness, and they don't get tagged as not being a sport.
Exactly! You ever played it pissed?! Very dangerous... 8O :lol:

slim said:
clanky said:
slim said:
What I want to know is how did a darts player get into the top 10?
Not another member of the "Darts is'nt a sport brigade". there are loads of other sports that focus on concentration and application over physical fitness, and they don't get tagged as not being a sport.
Now lets see:
Fishing, snooker, tiddlywinks.

And the winner this year is................
Care to explain the how the level of concentration required in darts is different from that required for say.........Olympic pistol shooting, or even driving a Rally car, or even bormula 1 if they made the seats big enough?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
slim said:
sgtpepperband said:
slim said:
sgtpepperband said:
A vote on board of that nature would never need to take place - we all know that he'd win! And who'd be brave enough to stand against him as a nominee?! :wink:
Ok sarge I'll get me lid :(
No need; we'll talk about it like sensible adults over a pint and come to an agreement that I was right all along... JOKE!! :lol: :lol:
What do you mean a pint. If I'm going to be seen drinking with the Jaunty I'd better have at least half a dozen :twisted: :wink:
Okay - your round (and you're round!) :lol: :wink:

Seadog

War Hero
dt018a9667 (I think) wrote

I think the word we should be looking at is Personality now where does that leave us?
Quite. Social advantage can't buy personality. The award isn't all about athletic prowess, horesmanship or marksmanship with darts. As Sgtpepperband said, if you didn't want Zara Phillips to win, you should have voted. Any among those dripping cast a vote?

In fact given the amount of beer required, darts is the 'sport' that requires wealth.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
babygravy Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3