YouTube - British Pathe - Air Sea Rescue

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Apr 14, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Well 1955 looks much nicer than 1951 because colour had been invented. I often think those people involved in WWI, WWII and Korea would have been happier if they hadn't had to lead a monochrome existence.

PS: Any ideas why the Wren 'volunteer' swamped the Solent so badly? Looks like she'd been drinking Mountain Dew.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ;-P Like it !!!! The LT CDR Pilot in his number ones.....and the aircrewman in his beret.....proper old and bolds
    • Like Like x 2
  5. At least by the early 70's bone domes were introduced!!!

I have a pic somewhere of a Wessy 5 in Malaysia rotors running weapon loads with the pilots in whites!! (shorts & shirt!!!!).

Decorating at the mo, will dig it out scan and post shortly!!!!

Back on track, Sproule Net, remember the war cry Scouse? "Over the bar and in the net" It was a twat to unfold and deploy from the cabin of a Wessex.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. image.jpg Maybe this one
  7. Has that lady in the middle got her blarts out?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Looks like it!!!

And no it ain't the pic I have/took!!!
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Blarts aside, it's interesting to think that the Spitfire was still operational when the Whirlwind was used for SAR. Only six years before the ditched pilots were rescued by RAF launches during the war years.

Sorry for the thread drift....
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Of course she has, it's what one comes to expect as a WAFU and that is why after training you get issued a huge sh*#ty stick with which to beat off (some) of the clunge or else even less work would get done by the master race.
  11. Ninja_Stoker

This is true, as a PO Stoker Harrier Pilot (First Class) serving on Illustrious whilst visiting New York, I had to use the said stick on many occasions. There were times when I pretended to be just a plain old Harrier Pilot so I could have my beer in peace.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. What is it about a man saying that he is a Fleet Air Arm pilot which makes women flock in this way?

13. Whilst appreciating that Captain Flashheart was Royal Flying Corps rather than RNAS.........
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Probably due to the fact they hear people calling them a large "man part" behind their backs. ;-P
    • Like Like x 1
  15. this might explain it

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I remember when at Culdrose, visiting the the RAF airsea rescue launch base many times, especially if we needed a bunk for the night. Good group of lads and always gave the fire station crews a warm welcome.
  17. You were probably the only people that would talk to them!!!!!!
  18. Maybe so Waspie, but the inter-service rivalry was just banter, it still didn't distract from us having some good laughs, their fags and beer was as good as any other.
  19. So coy, pretending that she doesn't know :)