youth is a fickle thing.

hey,

some people steal cars, other people drink and get into fights, i never did this. i was way more stupid. even though i have no criminal record and never been stopped by the police or anything similar; as far as i know....

im wondering, with my misspent youth can i still apply to be in the RFA?

(i was stupid and volunteered for a short time - around a month or so with wikileaks and within the last year came into breif contact with an orginisation which supports the pkk - and i asked the embassy for guidance as to weather they view them as a terrorist orginisation, they do and i disengaged immediatly. I felt lost and i was looking for family on some level I saw how ******* bullshit they all are... my views have changed 180 and i deeply regret this) i was 23 when i was involved with wikileaks and i censored the release of the Afghan war logs; i disagreed with them releasing them at all however i figured you cant stop them so may as well help protect our allies although this did mean i viewed secrate material - the usa classified this as such it was patrol reports.) i feel like a ******* muppet. seriously.... at the time i thought the military where wrong but ive sence changed to believe that the armed services do a **** of a lot of good in terms of humanitarian aid, anti narcotics - i have always hated narcotics and never done drugs nore would i or anti piracy work; once you had a pirate chasing your ass you soon understand the use of a coalition navy.

the pkk i was not invoved with at all and when i said engaged i mean the oppertunity to buy a tshirt the funds of which i presume would fund them and i knew them to be a terrorist orginisation (they are based in syria and turkey and are left wing in idiology) it was in a left wing autonomous cafe; i havent been back since it sold cheap coffee and had a community space, the culture in the country i am in has a focus on antifascism as there is unfortunatly an increasing normilisation of fascism here including direct violent threats to the lgbt community - theres currently no government here because of the impass of fascists vs left wing parties. As a trans person who is 30 and also gay its life and death, i dont have a choice of being neuteral about non violent anti fascists. the cafe was blown up by fascists a few years ago. im exhausted with politics: politics is not my ship to sail with any longer..

i was raised to be against the military; i joined the civil defence here in this ally nation and it taught me that my parents where bullshit, all the people involved in the civil defence and army i know and have met here are litterally the nicest people you could ever want to meet not blooddrinking savages like my dad and mum said. i learned how rules of engagement and laws of war work because of the contact i had with the civil defence which taught me courses in miliatry leadership, firstaid, and im a uk citisen and live in a nordic nation.

does this mean i would be automaticlly rejected from applying to the Royal Fleet Auxilary - im a qualified and active sailor through and through; having done my basic safty and working with the nordic countrys boat core used to defend the country if they where attacked i do so in a civilian role. at no stage have i attended anything in a military role or used violence. I currently work as a sailor in a major port.
hope this question doesnt annoy anyone. i know i have been stupid but yeah i dont know what to doas i desperatly wanna sail wider

Last edited:
im living in Sweden - residency is recorded at all times by law (you have to register with the government where you are at all times. and so i can prove where i was)

edit; i feel i owe a explination about wikileaks.
there was a reason behind the wikileaks thing; the bbc and others dont share the news as you, the navy or armed forces experiance it, i wanted to understand in a critical way what the experiance of the troops on the ground was. i gained an understanding of how it was then, a war that was unfair which an orginised military (and other armed services forming ISAF) where facing a guerilla insurgancy which was supported in part by the secrate services in pakistan. this was not reported in the media at the time. i also undertood in a better way some of the challenges involved in afghanistan and the politics of the situation - in retrospect there was probably a better way of doing this; i guess ill never know.

Last edited:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
If involved in the publishing of wikileaks which compromised the safety of UK or allied forces deployed in Afghanistan, then it'll bite you in the arse I'd sincerely hope, regretted retrospectively or otherwise.

If it was only a year ago since you worked indirectly in support of a designated terrorist organisation, but have since changed your viewpoint, then obviously it will be put down to immaturity and all will be forgiven. Obvs.

If involved in the publishing of wikileaks which compromised the safety of UK or allied forces deployed in Afghanistan, then it'll bite you in the arse I'd sincerely hope, regretted retrospectively or otherwise.

If it was only a year ago since you worked indirectly in support of a designated terrorist organisation, but have since changed your viewpoint, then obviously it will be put down to immaturity and all will be forgiven. Obvs.
no. it was simply i met someone selling a t-shirt. i asked if they where a terrorist orginisation and the embassy said yes, i left that space and havent been back. i did not buy the shirt and disengaged.

the forgiving bit might take a while?
whilst you contemplate the errors of your stupidity.

the wikileaks thing was 9 years ago. id happily work to utterly destroy wikileaks or any other threats.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
the wikileaks thing was 9 years ago. id happily work to utterly destroy wikileaks
Much the same as happily working for Wikileaks during the conflict in Afghanistan because you were at the time against UK or Allied military doctrine and helped publish patrol reports which could give opposing forces a tactical advantage by knowingly revealing rules of engagement in classified patrol reports?

Wonder if you inadvertantly helped kill someone?

Much the same as happily working for Wikileaks during the conflict in Afghanistan because you were at the time against UK or Allied military doctrine and helped publish patrol reports which could give opposing forces a tactical advantage by knowingly revealing rules of engagement in classified patrol reports?

Wonder if you inadvertantly helped kill someone?

its an action i will have to bare for the rest of my life. i cannot appologise for my actions as an appology implys the act is forgivable when it is not.

i actually worked through 50 reports and censored them all to remove all and any reference to isaf units and informants. i activly tried to take the pragmatic view of i cant stop them so i could have let just not got involved or get involved and try to protect ISAF.

speculation is not helpful; but yes i was wrong and if presented with the same or similar situation i would NEVER do ANYTHING again of a similar ilk.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To be fair, it's that time of year when the kids are off school & they come out to troll. A few years back the opening post would've kicked up a veritable storm, even just the LGTB reference. Nowadays, you're better off trolling arrse if you seek a reaction.

Nevertheless, when waiting for Xmas dinner to cook, where better to practice one's art?

Latest Threads