You're having a giraffe

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Ninja_Stoker, Aug 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Possibly it's just me, but the newer site search function appears to be pretty hopeless - when searching for posts containing the word "asthma" it returns zero results when there must be approximately 4 gazillion threads on that subject.

Even the word "Ship" returns only 3 results.

No wonder we keep getting the same questions, no bugger can find the threads containing the answers.
  2. I think the search function is knackered. If you search under more search options using forum search or username etc. then it seems to work.......Most mysterious 8O
  3. Ninja

Have been having the same problem myself for some time.
  4. One for each ship N_S :( .
  5. I noticed this myself a while back and commented on it in one thread by a noob asking a question that had been asked many times before.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ah well, at least it's not just me then.
  7. Aunty Betty’s Intranet search has been like that for years!
  8. So when are you going to Raleigh and when will I know if I've been accepted, its been 44 years now and I'm getting so wound up I've just eaten my remote, every time I cough or fart the fridge switches off and the curtains fly open.
    I've tried contacting my recruiting office, but its an Indian take away now, and the chap who was in charge there died twenty three years ago.
    What branch do you suggest I apply for as I'm a dipstick, suffer with dipsticksia, colour blind, and suspect I might even be Black. If this proves to be the case, can I sue the navy as they told me if I was gay I could not join. At the time I was really happy (almost Gay) so have not chased my application.
    PS, could I really join as a Giraffe keeper as I was told there was quite a few animals in the Navy?
  9. A google search involving the topic area as well as "rum ration" will usually work.

The search function is completely goosed in here tbh.
  10. Ah so thats where I've been going have to GOOGLE to find posts on RR..erm yeah..thats good eh?