Your Turn in the Barrel?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by 21_Man, Nov 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fantastic videos :)

2. I thought this was the punchline of a well known joke. Anyone else, or just my sick mind?

3. Joke? What joke was that then?

We should be told......

4. The joke will probably be ruined, knowing the punchline in advance but,

A sailor on a Navy ship had been out to sea for weeks, and was beginning to go through sex withdrawals. Fed up with the lack of sex, he asked one of his shipmates what he did when the pressure was too much to take.

"Well, there's a barrel with a hole in it near the mop storage. When it gets to be too much for us, we use that."

So the sailor went over to the barrel and decided to give it a go. Finding it was better than he'd expected, he began using it regularly, and his problems seemed to vanish.

After a couple of weeks, his commanding officer began to take notice, and said, "You seem to be a lot more relaxed. What's your secret?"

The sailor, embarrassed to give a straight answer, simply said he'd been getting better rest.

"Well good, sailor. You're going to need it," replied the officer. "Today's your turn in the barrel."

5. :roll: Given that brown hatting was a hanging offence in Nelsons Navy :( :Is there any grain of truth in the"Turn in the barrel" legend ;or is a Naval myth and if so how did it start? :?

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Mod Edit:

Despite the true intentions of the original post, I can see where this is going to end up, so crack on fellas...
    :wink:

7. :dontknow:

:twisted:

8. GOTCHA!

(Best bite since J***n left) :twisted:

9. Theakstons XB is the only thing that should be put in a barrel.

and Speckled Hen, Youngers Scotch, Strongarm mmmm, smell/taste that sulphur, Worthingtons, Tetleys and last but not least, Taddy's finest and probably the best session beer Smudge.

10. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

A joke so old it used to feature in the Goon Show (on the wireless before most people had TV).

11. Adnams Broadside? Harveys Tom Paine? and one I've forgotten the name of from St Austell brewery.

12. Billy Bullshit had this mate who used to be called " The Barrel Man" amusing to see the look on those thinking he must make barrels.

Perc detachment out in the middle east new arrival asked what do you lads do for sex out here. No probs mate we wait for the camel train to hit town then hump a camel. The day arrived and the camel train arrived in town. Many many pongos are running to meet the camel train the new arrival ask's why is everybody running.

Well ya don't want to get an ugly one do ya!!!!!

13. Like yer style suss, have had Adnams once it were brill.

14. Think the St Austell one may be Sam Smith, and of course Summer Lightning from Horsham Ales.
    Tom Paine is named after Thomas Paine who wrote 'The rights of man' and amongst other little nothings the Declaration of Idependence by the 13 colonies in New England.
    He composed/helped compose both in the White Hart Inn in Lewes, and the beer is brewed just down the road. I love coming from somewhere that has a complete bunch of rebels in its' history. :lol:
    Personally speaking if these really decent beers were ever to go then there would be no reason to return to the UK. The beers and the dwindling numbers of pubs they are served in are a very great part of the culture.

15. And of course the idiots who think they know how to look after good ale,

Ade in the Spread ( Reserchication Researchication Researchication )

ran out of ale crica Whit BHW/E May 95, not his fault, we started the W/E on the Thursday DTS and we had drunk him dry by Sun night, the ink on my left shoulder verifies, so he refused to sell us 'green' Landlord which he had only just pinned after a hectic DTS ( Legendary, every W/E ).

Lesser gaffers would have sold it.

16. As I used to live down the road from the brewery in St Austell, other candidates are Tribute (my personal favourite) and HSD.

17. Whilst applauding your Cornish heritage and congratulating your county for the sheer charisma you have attached to the good old oggie, could you kindly shut the fcuk up and get in the barrel. :roll: :twisted: :wink:

18. Whilst ignoring Rummers as a beer heretic (I don't know what I mean either) I'm also developing a taste for Tribute, also into John Smiths Smooth and Doom Bar