Your Privacy - Mobile numbers

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by sweetpea, Jul 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A polite notice.

For those of you who are not already aware, the 118800 Directory of mobile phone numbers goes live next week. If you do not wish to have your mobile number made available to everyone, you need to go to this site http://www.118800.co.uk Select the Ex-Directory link on the homepage and fill in the details to have your phone number removed.

All numbers listed in the 118800 directory, including those belonging to children, will no doubt be open to cold calling.

SP.

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Excellent, I like it when stalking is made easier. :angry7:

Kelly Brooke first?

3. This was reported on the news a couple of weeks ago. You will not be cold called, they will send you a text when someone has asked for your number to allow you to decide whether you reply or not. They will not give out your number.

4. Gleaming! Done :D :D :D

5. Jimmy, Thanks for that info. I hadn't seen the news report about it to be honest - I must have blinked and missed it. :roll:

SP

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I doubt that that policy will last for long, to much money to be made selling the numbers for marketing purposes

7. If you do not own the means of transmission then no call is private - Schmimples!