Your prayers needed...

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by Jarhead, Apr 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My grandfather is not expected to last the day. Last rites are close but not given yet. Any thoughts/prayers appreciated.

2. And freely given.

3. In my thoughts J/H. I know what you're feeling mate.

4. Thoughts and prayers with you at this tough time.

5. I remember that he told me a story one time about after he was drafted. He had gone AWOL to see my grandmother and was trying to get back in the base after the gates had been shut. Apparently, the only way in was under a henhouse. So he tries to get in, befouling his uniform in the process, and when he stands up inside the base, there's his Platoon Sgt. His Platoon Sgt. buried it of course (can't blame a man for wanting to see his new bride), but my grandfather said the punishment details were long and varied.

6. All of our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family mate, take care.

7. if you have the chance.. tell him you love him.... hold his hands.
    be with him till the last..........
    i know how your feeling.........you and your family are in my thoughts.
    Know that we are here for you......... we are only a button away..

8. unfortunately, he's over 1k miles away, and the cheapest flight i can find is about $215.00 more than i can spend. :S

9. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

My thoughts are with you mate, remember his life is in your thoughts and deeds.

10. Grandfather passed away approx. 5 hours ago.

Its hard to feel truly sad; he had a long life and he's with my grandmother again.

11. Have a drink oppo and bask in the memories.

12. Condolences Jarhead.

13. He is with his wife again & somehow that is a blessing RIP ,

14. Condolences to you and the Family jarhead.

15. Condolences JH.

16. My condolences Jarhead.

Steve.

17. Only just caught your posting Jarhead. Mate - my sincere condolences on your loss. Difficult times for families but take some consolation in the time he had and remember the good stuff.

SF

18. am so very sad at your loss.... only time can heal you...
    he will live on in your heart...

19. sorry to hera your news buddy , nothing i can say mate except we all will spare a few seconds thought for you .

20. Sorry to hear your bad news, our thoughts are with xx