Your post-budget beer prices

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by lsadirty, Mar 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since the last budget increased the amount of tax we pay on beer/anything alcoholic, how much are you paying for a pint these days ? My local in Guzz (on an estate, not the City Centre) charges £2.50 for a pint of John Smith's Smooth.
    The supermarket downstairs charges £1.33 for a 2 litre bottle of quite palatable cider (up 7p a bottle), so no guesses where I'll be for the Liverpool-Everton match tomorrow afternoon, and what I'll be drinking.....

2. Still paying £2.35 for a pint of Pedigree, same as before budget, perks of living in a poverty stricken dump I suppose!

Ian

3. In the supermarket electrical section? :thumright:

Have a nice match
    IDOITDEEPER

4. Believe it or not, it's only 4.2 %, unlike the White Lightning/Rock/Diamond White Amazing mind Removal Service - quite a good drop of stuff chilled.

5. Strongbow up from £2-90 to £3-20.Ouch!!

6. West Bank area of York, £1-70 for a pint of Smudge, centre of town you can add a squid to that price. :pissed:

7. I am still paying approximately 5 euros for 5 litres of 5% lager in the local Mutant supermarché. Not great but almost drinkable, just like any other lager including so-called premium lagers and probably cheaper in Spain. I am waiting for the next visitors coming by car with a couple of crates of Hopback Summer Lightning in the boot for me.

Actually that should read 6 litres, there are 24 x 25cl bottles to the box, my mental arithmatic is obviously being affected by the cheap beer.

8. At this rate Spanish brandy will be cheaper than beer! :lol:

9. £1.85 for a pint of Worthies in St Budeaux Workies , going up to £2.00 a pint tonight , better than ending up with a pocket full of bloody 5 pences or worse all that copper .

10. is this the reason why a select bunch of CPO's go over to france once a year (so thats 6 refills per year) and buy close to a ton of wine/beer.
    £10 pompeii to cherbourg, 40 for the tranny, split it out and there you are cheap beer/wine - f*ck of Darling

11. whn i said tranny i didnt mean a good looking bird with meat and two veg but a van for loading said illicit tax free booze

12. Sam Smiths bitter is now a horrendous £1.48 a pint, they put 15p on the price a few weeks ago.

13. I'm rather pleased with a Pint of anything for 2 euros now.

14. Is that in Sinclairs? It's still worth the £1.50...

At work (out in deepest, darkest Yorkshire) we're selling Timothy Taylor's and Copper Dragon for £3.25 a pint now...

15. It's actually in Eccles in Salford believe it or not, just wandered into a Sam Smiths pub a few months ago and developed a taste for the brown ale they do.

I'm working in central Manchester at the mo and it's nearly £3 for a decent pint of Guinness. £3.25 a pint seems a bit steep though