Your post-budget beer prices

Since the last budget increased the amount of tax we pay on beer/anything alcoholic, how much are you paying for a pint these days ? My local in Guzz (on an estate, not the City Centre) charges £2.50 for a pint of John Smith's Smooth.
The supermarket downstairs charges £1.33 for a 2 litre bottle of quite palatable cider (up 7p a bottle), so no guesses where I'll be for the Liverpool-Everton match tomorrow afternoon, and what I'll be drinking.....

lsadirty said:
Since the last budget increased the amount of tax we pay on beer/anything alcoholic, how much are you paying for a pint these days ? My local in Guzz (on an estate, not the City Centre) charges £2.50 for a pint of John Smith's Smooth.
The supermarket downstairs charges £1.33 for a 2 litre bottle of quite palatable cider (up 7p a bottle), so no guesses where I'll be for the Liverpool-Everton match tomorrow afternoon, and what I'll be drinking.....
In the supermarket electrical section? :thumright:

Have a nice match
IDOITDEEPER

IDOITDEEPER said:
lsadirty said:
In the supermarket electrical section? :thumright:

Have a nice match
IDOITDEEPER
Believe it or not, it's only 4.2 %, unlike the White Lightning/Rock/Diamond White Amazing mind Removal Service - quite a good drop of stuff chilled.

I am still paying approximately 5 euros for 5 litres of 5% lager in the local Mutant supermarché. Not great but almost drinkable, just like any other lager including so-called premium lagers and probably cheaper in Spain. I am waiting for the next visitors coming by car with a couple of crates of Hopback Summer Lightning in the boot for me.

Actually that should read 6 litres, there are 24 x 25cl bottles to the box, my mental arithmatic is obviously being affected by the cheap beer.

£1.85 for a pint of Worthies in St Budeaux Workies , going up to £2.00 a pint tonight , better than ending up with a pocket full of bloody 5 pences or worse all that copper .

is this the reason why a select bunch of CPO's go over to france once a year (so thats 6 refills per year) and buy close to a ton of wine/beer.
£10 pompeii to cherbourg, 40 for the tranny, split it out and there you are cheap beer/wine - f*ck of Darling

shag_shacker said:
is this the reason why a select bunch of CPO's go over to france once a year (so thats 6 refills per year) and buy close to a ton of wine/beer.
£10 pompeii to cherbourg, 40 for the tranny, split it out and there you are cheap beer/wine - f*ck of Darling
whn i said tranny i didnt mean a good looking bird with meat and two veg but a van for loading said illicit tax free booze

TheRowan

Lantern Swinger
dunjamon said:
Sam Smiths bitter is now a horrendous £1.48 a pint, they put 15p on the price a few weeks ago.
Is that in Sinclairs? It's still worth the £1.50...

At work (out in deepest, darkest Yorkshire) we're selling Timothy Taylor's and Copper Dragon for £3.25 a pint now...

dunjamon

Lantern Swinger
It's actually in Eccles in Salford believe it or not, just wandered into a Sam Smiths pub a few months ago and developed a taste for the brown ale they do.

I'm working in central Manchester at the mo and it's nearly £3 for a decent pint of Guinness. £3.25 a pint seems a bit steep though

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Blue Jokes 0
J Miscellaneous 0
Bad CO Site Issues 4