your nightmare commissions mine HMS DANAE

Discussion in 'History' started by scouse, Mar 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the happenings during a twelve month far east tour 72/ Gaurd ship in H/K scrambled to search for a China airliner lost at sea half the ships company ashore at the time including the Capt and Nav/ the Gunnery officer attempted to take her to sea .Ran her aground at the entrance of the harbour / 6 months in dry dock H/K mess funds empty and everyone broke /wrote the helicopter off in Singapore with tail rotar failure at 500ft top it all 2 guys get sent down in N/Z for murder /can you out do that /scouse?

2. Hi Scouse
    I was on Danae during that commish and remember the grounding and emergency docking very well. I thought it was just me but I felt she was a very unhappy ship and I was glad to get off her in Singers when I qualified for my buttons.
    I still have good buddies from ships I served on more than 40 years ago but none from the Danae and very few happy memories of that time.
    h

3. Scouse even at Lossie you were a Jonah :wave:

4. have a few contacts for you if you pm me with your e mail details

5. always thought it was Charlie Bicks on your Sqdn 801 :thumright:

6. Charlie was on 800, and yes he did lose more than his fair share of aircraft. :thumright:

7. kinell not 229 ?and 634? 13 unlucky for some

8. He refused to work on any aircraft where the numbers totalled 13 after those. ^_^;

9. Never realised that he was the Killick of both those Cabs. Im of to the pub ! for a tot of pussers :crazy: :crying:

10. Not sure if they were both his but he did lose two, both pilot error though of course the board of enquiry did their best to hang the maintainers.
    I liked Charlie, once you got used to his point of view he was a good bloke, especially if you were in trouble ashore :thumright: