your nightmare commissions mine HMS DANAE

the happenings during a twelve month far east tour 72/ Gaurd ship in H/K scrambled to search for a China airliner lost at sea half the ships company ashore at the time including the Capt and Nav/ the Gunnery officer attempted to take her to sea .Ran her aground at the entrance of the harbour / 6 months in dry dock H/K mess funds empty and everyone broke /wrote the helicopter off in Singapore with tail rotar failure at 500ft top it all 2 guys get sent down in N/Z for murder /can you out do that /scouse?

Hi Scouse
I was on Danae during that commish and remember the grounding and emergency docking very well. I thought it was just me but I felt she was a very unhappy ship and I was glad to get off her in Singers when I qualified for my buttons.
I still have good buddies from ships I served on more than 40 years ago but none from the Danae and very few happy memories of that time.
h

scouse said:
the happenings during a twelve month far east tour 72/ Gaurd ship in H/K scrambled to search for a China airliner lost at sea half the ships company ashore at the time including the Capt and Nav/ the Gunnery officer attempted to take her to sea .Ran her aground at the entrance of the harbour / 6 months in dry dock H/K mess funds empty and everyone broke /wrote the helicopter off in Singapore with tail rotar failure at 500ft top it all 2 guys get sent down in N/Z for murder /can you out do that /scouse?
Scouse even at Lossie you were a Jonah :wave:

hornpipe said:
Hi Scouse
I was on Danae during that commish and remember the grounding and emergency docking very well. I thought it was just me but I felt she was a very unhappy ship and I was glad to get off her in Singers when I qualified for my buttons.
I still have good buddies from ships I served on more than 40 years ago but none from the Danae and very few happy memories of that time.
h
have a few contacts for you if you pm me with your e mail details

slim said:
scouse said:
always thought it was Charlie Bicks on your Sqdn 801 :thumright:

scouse said:
slim said:
scouse said:
Charlie was on 800, and yes he did lose more than his fair share of aircraft. :thumright:

slim said:
scouse said:
slim said:
scouse said:
Charlie was on 800, and yes he did lose more than his fair share of aircraft. :thumright:
kinell not 229 ?and 634? 13 unlucky for some

scouse said:
slim said:
scouse said:
slim said:
scouse said:
kinell not 229 ?and 634? 13 unlucky for some
He refused to work on any aircraft where the numbers totalled 13 after those. ^_^;

scouse said:
Never realised that he was the Killick of both those Cabs. Im of to the pub ! for a tot of pussers :crazy: :crying:
Not sure if they were both his but he did lose two, both pilot error though of course the board of enquiry did their best to hang the maintainers.
I liked Charlie, once you got used to his point of view he was a good bloke, especially if you were in trouble ashore :thumright:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Current Affairs 4
T Diamond Lil's 3
bigbaddog The Gash Barge 12