Your last session/workout!

Done my 1.5 mile in 12:23 not quite up to navy standards but i am getting there, in January i could barely run for two mins, probably won't do my pjft till November so i have plenty of time to get better

Done my 1.5 mile in 12:23 not quite up to navy standards but i am getting there, in January i could barely run for two mins, probably won't do my pjft till November so i have plenty of time to get better
Well done and keep going, November will be here sooner than you think, so no slacking.

Hopefully next week when i do the 1.5 again ill get under 12:00 maybe even get under 11:00, ill try my hardest, the army fit app is a really good app for fitness it has helped me so much

Back from holiday two weeks ago which meant a fortnight of no exercise and eating more than i should, started a new program for my fitness when i came back and i done my first 2.4km run since i have been back and i got 9 mins 49 sec, safe to say my program is working good

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Well, at least you managed to appeal the decision. Many don't get that option.

Looks like the fitness is coming along well. Before you know it, you'll be doing 9 minute mile and a halves.

Well, at least you managed to appeal the decision. Many don't get that option.

Looks like the fitness is coming along well. Before you know it, you'll be doing 9 minute mile and a halves.
How on earth is that possible I am struggling to do it in pass time !!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I slightly mis-read, as you can see by my 'appeal the decision' part of my response.

However, it's very much possible. Everyone has to start somewhere. Simply put, the more you're running, and the more fitness you're doing - the fitter you'll get.

From the outset, it seems to be an impossible task at time - getting fit enough to pass certain test times. But it is a task that can be overcome. Just look at everyone who passes basic training across all the 'Armed Forces'...not everyone was fit when they made the decision to sign up, but all are fit enough when they finish.

Keep your chin up, and your run times will get quicker, and your strength will increase.

I slightly mis-read, as you can see by my 'appeal the decision' part of my response.

However, it's very much possible. Everyone has to start somewhere. Simply put, the more you're running, and the more fitness you're doing - the fitter you'll get.

From the outset, it seems to be an impossible task at time - getting fit enough to pass certain test times. But it is a task that can be overcome. Just look at everyone who passes basic training across all the 'Armed Forces'...not everyone was fit when they made the decision to sign up, but all are fit enough when they finish.

Keep your chin up, and your run times will get quicker, and your strength will increase.
Thanks mate my prnc is in two weeks so running as many sessions as possible to get better along with everything else

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Forgot to post this last night but here is the session I did last night:

Warm up Tabata style (20 seconds on 10 seconds off)
Touch downs (squat down touch the floor spring back up) x 2
Mountain Climbers x 3
Star Jumps x 4
Burpees with a jump at the top x 5
Squat hold and sprint on the spot x 6

Main Session:

Round 1 (1 minute per station)

High plank to Low plank with feet on a tyre or something which will raise your ankles higher than your hands
Alternate Should Press using 15kg Dumbells (right hand up then down to shoulder, then left, then both together)
Arnold Press @20kg plus bar (Chest up above your head, then lower behind your head and repeat in reverse)
Alternate lunges holding a 10kg plate above your head straight arms
Punch outs holding 5kg weight disc in each hand
Burpees feet on glider discs no jump at the top
Right arm only kettlebell squat press @20kg

Round 2 (repeat round 1 but for 30 seconds this time per station)

Round 3
Sprint as much as you can for 1 minute between two points.
Then 30 seconds side to side as fast as you can between two points.
Then high knees between point 1 and point 2, return back to point 1 with single leg lunges. 30 seconds

Round 4 (1 minute per station

Arm raises in front and down then out to the side and back. 1 dumbell each hand @8kg each hand
Bicep curl "21's" @15kg plus bar (7 half curl lower position to half way, then 7 from halfway to chest, then 7 full reps - repeat)
Tricep extension and then lower to waist height then raise back above head keeping arms straight and repeat with 10kg weight disc
Pressups hands on glider discs - wide arm pressup then into narrow arm pressup
Tricep dip using the tyre or step
Hold 3 x 5kg plates above head and high knees on the spot
Left arm only kettlebell squat press @20kg

Round 5 (repeat round 4 but 30 seconds each station)

Round 6

30 seconds remaining 100% effort sprint as many times as possible between two points.

Cool down and stretch off.

Enjoy!

Forgot to post this last night but here is the session I did last night:

Warm up Tabata style (20 seconds on 10 seconds off)
Touch downs (squat down touch the floor spring back up) x 2
Mountain Climbers x 3
Star Jumps x 4
Burpees with a jump at the top x 5
Squat hold and sprint on the spot x 6

Main Session:

Round 1 (1 minute per station)

High plank to Low plank with feet on a tyre or something which will raise your ankles higher than your hands
Alternate Should Press using 15kg Dumbells (right hand up then down to shoulder, then left, then both together)
Arnold Press @20kg plus bar (Chest up above your head, then lower behind your head and repeat in reverse)
Alternate lunges holding a 10kg plate above your head straight arms
Punch outs holding 5kg weight disc in each hand
Burpees feet on glider discs no jump at the top
Right arm only kettlebell squat press @20kg

Round 2 (repeat round 1 but for 30 seconds this time per station)

Round 3
Sprint as much as you can for 1 minute between two points.
Then 30 seconds side to side as fast as you can between two points.
Then high knees between point 1 and point 2, return back to point 1 with single leg lunges. 30 seconds

Round 4 (1 minute per station

Arm raises in front and down then out to the side and back. 1 dumbell each hand @8kg each hand
Bicep curl "21's" @15kg plus bar (7 half curl lower position to half way, then 7 from halfway to chest, then 7 full reps - repeat)
Tricep extension and then lower to waist height then raise back above head keeping arms straight and repeat with 10kg weight disc
Pressups hands on glider discs - wide arm pressup then into narrow arm pressup
Tricep dip using the tyre or step
Hold 3 x 5kg plates above head and high knees on the spot
Left arm only kettlebell squat press @20kg

Round 5 (repeat round 4 but 30 seconds each station)

Round 6

30 seconds remaining 100% effort sprint as many times as possible between two points.

Cool down and stretch off.

Enjoy!
Brutal shall give this a go tomorrow's session !!

Cambourne (Cambs not Kernow) 10K on Sunday, unfortunately a bit slower (3 mins) than last year but I do believe they made the hill higher.

Note: when listening to music on the way round set up a playlist, and don't rely on shuffle. Silent Night at 7Km is not very motivating.

Also what I thought was hay fever has now turned into Man Flu :(

It had better go by Saturday as I have the 360 Squadron reunion

Good effort Stirl. Had you lost your bus pass?
Ermm, just to clarify matters our Stirl's 'walking' is best imagined, in his own words, as 'ramming'... (& woe betide any hoodied scrotes who might stray into his path! :mad:).

Bus Pass? Bah, no need - 'tis Stirl who passes those buses along the way!

Think Jack Reacher (of the book, not that mis-cast dwarf in the movies) but with far less weight and a full head of empty hair follicles and you'd recognise him straight away.

@Stirlin Replies to your recent PM in your inbox, mon vieux.

Aye , have overtook a few joggers , brand new gear on and looking as though they are running on the spot polishing windows. Get as close to them as I pass so that my wash almost blows them off the track :D.
They get their own back though as within a few weeks their pace has upped to running and they glide past me....puffing and panting whereas I am still steadily breathing through my nose with no assistance from the gob.;)