Your Ideal Ship

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Extras, Feb 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With the current debate around the T-45 still large in our minds, with regards to the current and proposed weapons systems, what would you put on it?

If you were the head honcho, what would you put on the T45? I suppose the same could go for the succesor of the 22/42 also.

T

2. The 45 is the successor of the 42 mate.

3. I know absolutely completely very little about practicalities of modern ship armaments, but to start the ball rolling, based on what i've picked up doing a military based degree and trawling defense technology.... (i take it you mean we'd have full reign and no financial limitations with what to bolt onto the T45?)

T45 -
    1x 155mm gun, in Lightweight mounting - based upon the German design shown elsewhere on a NGS thread

Aster 15 and 30 - giving a good anti-missile missile, for area and point defense,

RIM161 SM-3, good, long ranged heavy missile also capable of targeting ballistic missiles and satellites, and, I believe according to info in the 'no SSM on T45 thread', other ships.

2x Goalkeeper - one each side, for use against small attacking ships and additional anti air/missile defense

4x mounts for .50 cal - better punch than a GPMG

4x TKWA/MASS (Multi Ammunition Softkill System)

Plus Merlin, only give the Merlin the ability to use Sea Skua and give it a chin turret mounted GAU18 to make it more of an all rounder!

and for the FSC, whatever that may be...

1x Otobreda 127mm/54 Compact
    2x Harpoon Block III launchers
    2x RIM-116 RAM launchers for effective point defense
    2x 30mm Bushmasters for drug busting and anti-piracy ops/ surface defense
    4x .50 cal radio controlled mounts
    4x TKWA/MASS (Multi Ammunition Softkill System) countermeasures

2x Lynx.

4. What a stupid thing to be asking me! :D :D :D :D

5. I assume that you're not looking for a fully formed consideration of interoperability, support, training, manpower, basing and infastructure, budget or corporate communications aspects ;)

That's the only way fantasy shipbuilding can work, but it's a well exercised approach by some of the longer in the tooth contributors.

6. A wardroom full of grown-ups :lol: :lol:

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Feck off! The MOD is wasting enough of its Defence budget as it is... :wink:

8. Concubines.

9. a jacuzzi would be nice.

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...a ship without females and berthing hawsers! :wink:

11. Remember, there is a load of good stuff out there, but do you want unproved European limited use (only AA /AM) using Sylver or full self defence and offensive capability, depending on load out, as with VLS 41?

12. Note my disclaimer. And I chose ASTER/Sea Viper based on what has been said on other posts, that it is the most effective anti missile/aircraft missile out there. I can only work off what people have told me effecivness wise, and data from Janes lol

And I know what FSC means, thats why i said 'whatever that may be'. I just assumed it to be a destroyer about the same size as the T45, as i've seen proposed.

Oh, and good shout on the gun, just checked it out lol

13. A ship that floats outside a glass bottle! :wink:

14. A fully licensed, 24hr lap dancing bar :p

15. I'm sorry but 22's have my heart!

16. The cabin that says 'Commanding Officer' on the door....

17. tell Rob Hulse Theirs one in his home town Crewe. But Mr Gradi might snitch on him :wink: :wink: Seth and Hulsee Top men from Crewe :wink: :wink:

18. With MOD's liking for re-badging branches/trades how about a few new ones on our "Ideal Ship"

MPO(F) Massage Parlour Operatives (female) 8O

JRS Junior ratings stewards
    (a cup a'tea in me pit would 'ave been cushty!)

PFO Personal Flying Officer (aka chauffeur)
    Essential for wk/end leave and trains aren't running

19. As Astute is a boat so I cannot have that then I go for Kirov Class Battle Cruiser seeing how its the Biggest Meanest Bastard on the Planet and I could be "Well Hard"

Nutty[​IMG]

Nutty

20. I now realise i shouldn't have taken this seriously, so I propose, instead something along the lines of HMS Victory, with a return to the old uniforms as well, because chicks would love it, and that is the most important aspect of uniform after all. Plus, failing into port would get everyones attention, and i'm a 'look at me' kinda guy....;)