Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Football Team?

Having this dicussion at the in-laws whilst watching the FA Cup.

I'm an Evertonian, however if disaster struck and the mighty blues were no longer who would I support?

Always had a soft spot for Stoke City and Ipswich, dont know why? So maybe one of those, rather eat my own shit the support the shite from across Stanley Park!!!!

Last edited:

scousesubmariner

Lantern Swinger
Its always been Everton for me, I can't imagine supporting any other and like JFH said i also would rather eat shit than support the murderers.

we might not have had their success but we also don't have their shame

G

guestm

Carlisle United. I firmly believe you don't choose your team, birthplace and family ties decide it. I simply cannot understand why anyone would find any kind of affinity with a town or city they have no connection with. I wouldn't support Argentina over England just because they play better football.

If (god forbid) Carlisle went under?

Workington Town or Gateshead.

Rumrat

War Hero
Carlisle United. I firmly believe you don't choose your team, birthplace and family ties decide it. I simply cannot understand why anyone would find any kind of affinity with a town or city they have no connection with. I wouldn't support Argentina over England just because they play better football.

If (god forbid) Carlisle went under?

Workington Town or Gateshead.

Come on you Murray Bridgers...................

soleil

War Hero
Wolves, because I lived about seven miles from the Molineux until I was 19. I still keep an eye out for how they are doing. You learn to take the rough with the smooth if you support Wolves, I'm afraid, there have been good times and bad.

I have also supported West Ham. I once gave a young gentleman of my acquaintance a pair of season tickets for Upton Park as a surprise birthday present and and as a result I saw every home match for a year.

I still keep an eye on West Ham's fortunes ... the less said about that at the moment, the better ...

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
QPR-North-West London born and bred, wasn't Jewish enough for the Arse or Spurs* and Hendon was beyond the pale.
Chelsea even then was for scum and Sun readers.

*It always amused me that Arsenal supporters call Spurs fans the Yids, when all the Jews I knew, I worked for one and dated a couple of Jewish girls, (Oi vey! my goy boy. Golders Green were pastures green indeed.:winkrazz:) supported the *********.

=====================================

=====================================

After soccer transcended the bounds of sport and migrated into the the realms of big business and pay-to-view 'entertainment' many of us, who had hitherto supported our local teams of local lads, became increasingly disillusioned and grudgingly transferred our loyalties elsewhere.

But, other than Royal Weddings, the occasions for Duck Racing are very few and far between.

Should you learn of any new venues/teams then please publicise them here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:duckie:~~~~:duckie:~~~~:duckie:~~~~:duckie:~~~~:duckie:

Flammin Gallah

Lantern Swinger
QPR-North-West London born and bred, wasn't Jewish enough for the Arse or Spurs* and Hendon was beyond the pale.
Chelsea even then was for scum and Sun readers.

*It always amused me that Arsenal supporters call Spurs fans the Yids, when all the Jews I knew, I worked for one and dated a couple of Jewish girls, (Oi vey! my goy boy. Golders Green were pastures green indeed.:winkrazz:) supported the *********.

A Spurs man through and through, started following them back in the late 60's.....how do you think I feel when both my sons chose the Arse as their team :-(

Flammin Gallah

Lantern Swinger
I feel your pain. My sister supports Chelsea (Spit.), mainly due to a pre-teen obsession with Peter Osgood!

Ah the days of Peter Osgood (Peter Osgood, was good, now he's no flippin good), Peter Bonnetti (the (dead) cat), Hutchinson with that amazing long throw and who could forget Ron 'Chopper' Harris....nothing to do with the size of his sclong I believe.
:)

dixie_gooner

Lantern Swinger
I support Arsenal. Was brought up in Watford and always keep an eye out for them. Currently live in the South West, so always look at Argyles results. I was actually born in Limerick, but had to Google them to find out what league they were in

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
My local team when I was growing up was Crystal Palace so I never really watched a football team as a lad.

Always have been and always will be A Nottingham Forest Supporter. As said you don't choose your team, you just seem to become a fan, family, place of birth etc all impact, unlike some of the glory hunters who just choose a team because they are doing well ATT.

Hoping for a good result tonight and perhaps a trip to Wembley. CUM ON U REDS.

Just to prove I'm a sad [email protected]@ker i Have a personalised plate for the car of R3D NF

SM

Wolves, because I lived about seven miles from the Molineux until I was 19. I still keep an eye out for how they are doing. You learn to take the rough with the smooth if you support Wolves, I'm afraid, there have been good times and bad.

I have also supported West Ham. I once gave a young gentleman of my acquaintance a pair of season tickets for Upton Park as a surprise birthday present and and as a result I saw every home match for a year.

I still keep an eye on West Ham's fortunes ... the less said about that at the moment, the better ...
Concur:sad5:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B FMG Football Team - Where did we play? Bases / Shore Est 4
MoD_RSS Press release: The British army women’s football team visits Kuwait MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF football team play Irish Defence Forces MoD News 0
trehorn England Football Team Sing the National Anthem! Current Affairs 0
S My team...Hereford United Football Club!!!! Sports and Adventure Training 2
shellbackmac Football team remembers its war dead Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS £10 million lifeline from the National Lottery for National League football announced by Culture Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Former football boss has bankruptcy restrictions extended MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HRH Duke of Cambridge and football legends champion mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England helps fans with festive football fixtures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Minister for Sport, Media and Creative Industries to President of UEFA in relation to racism in football MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Here we go! Football fans urged to remember basic rules of road MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Airspace modernisation to make flying greener and more reliable as football fans travel to Madrid on busiest-ever day for flights MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Football fans score extra time with HS2 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Sports Minister Mims Davies oral statement on racism in football MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Significant progress on better rail deal for football fans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Property developer behind incomplete football stadium banned MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Highways England helps football fans reach festive fixtures MoD News 0
janner The Football fiasco. Diamond Lil's 86
W Royal Navy Football Sports and Adventure Training 1
burnleymitchy Football before Raleigh? Health & Fitness 11
W Football worth watching again Sports and Adventure Training 7
soleil BBC: Football Focus With The Troops In Afghanistan - Saturday, 21st December 2013 Bases / Shore Est 1
Repulse Flotilla Football History 3
W Army vs RAF ladies football match 20 Mar 13 Diamond Lil's 12
Bunter Glasgow Football Blue Jokes 2
J Football in the navy Hobbies & The Great Indoors 7
SONAR-BENDER I hate football - am I alone? Diamond Lil's 56
H HMS Southampton Football Hobbies & The Great Indoors 2
witsend The Football Thread Sports and Adventure Training 150
trehorn Football Season Ticket Benefits. Sports and Adventure Training 4
MoD_RSS Afghan soldiers beat Royal Marines in Helmand football match Current Affairs 2
diesel The football season is about to start Diamond Lil's 1
Scorch football Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Football 2 Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Football Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Football Miscellaneous 0
BillyNoMates Airdrie United Football Clubs 2 minutes silence....... Diamond Lil's 1
soleil "Horatio Nelson 'Was French Football Captain', Say Children" Current Affairs 21
Blackrat Football Alternatives Diamond Lil's 17
soleil HMS Kent: Lucky football fans won't miss World Cup after all The Fleet 1
Haggis_Catcher football coupon Sports and Adventure Training 12
chockhead819 Football miss of the season Diamond Lil's 1
Drakey Unbelievable football (American) Sports and Adventure Training 0
S Football Sports and Adventure Training 7
S Football Sports and Adventure Training 7
J Football Puzzle Sports and Adventure Training 0
K Charity 6 aside Football Tournament Charity 1
Rookie-WWFC Football Boots Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Scarface2009 Free Live Football Streaming Sports and Adventure Training 3