Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

your dolphins

Engineering Technician - In the ME world, forget Stokers and Tiffs, everyone joins up as ET now. The idea is that the ET receives the training for his next job just before he does it (rather than with tiffs, where you train them for years and they've forgotten it all by the time they join).
in really simple terms, the ET is the "makey-learny", LET is your skilled tradesman, watchkeeper/maintainer, POET is your diagnostician/head of section, CPOET is a group head.
What the MESM world gets now is Leading Hands doing real jobs with real skill, the LET is a formidable killick.

scabz said:
What the MESM world gets now is Leading Hands doing real jobs with real skill, the LET is a formidable killick.
Hmm. Are you trying to suggest that previously your average LMEM on boats didn't do a 'real' job? With any skill? :?

.....Not at all. Just (IMHO) as a MESM the killick has been a sadly under used bloke, capable of much more than he's been allowed to do.
LET(MESM) provides a distinct difference between the AB and the LH ability, now the MESM killick should get the responsibility (and recognition) he deserves.

first you do 8 weeks basic then you sit around at Raleigh for 2 months then 2 months at drake or faslane then 6 months at sultan were you forget every thing from smq dry then join your boat and be expected to pass smq wet in between 2 + 6 weeks passed smq dry just before xmas but were is the 29 bulkhead hydraulic isolation i got no clue 8O

ETME_submariner said:
first you do 8 weeks basic then you sit around at Raleigh for 2 months then 2 months at drake or faslane then 6 months at sultan were you forget every thing from smq dry then join your boat and be expected to pass smq wet in between 2 + 6 weeks passed smq dry just before xmas but were is the 29 bulkhead hydraulic isolation i got no clue 8O

Er try 29 bulkhead, its bound to be there somewhere.

Pol

Dangermouse said:
How strange. I did my Pt III on a an Xmas patrol. Away for Xmas, New Year and my 24th birthday. Dolphins caught in a tot of pussers in February.

completed my part 3 and only then allowed to wear the H M Submarines cap tally.

but when the badge was introduced, ships company's were put on parade in the car park at Dolphin and I think FOSM came and handed them out. it was along time ago

electric_chef said:
Dangermouse said:
How strange. I did my Pt III on a an Xmas patrol. Away for Xmas, New Year and my 24th birthday. Dolphins caught in a tot of pussers in February.

completed my part 3 and only then allowed to wear the H M Submarines cap tally.

but when the badge was introduced, ships company's were put on parade in the car park at Dolphin and I think FOSM came and handed them out. it was along time ago

Lekky Chief

Like you I did my part 3 for my HM Submarines cap tally. When Dolphins, still a sick skimmers joke, a dolphin with scales never, a scaly submariner, standard, arrived the Swain wandered thru the boat chucking them out of a box.

Nutty

My final question in the part 3 board in Revenge was to name every member of the Trumpton Fire brigade....can you???

An old Coxn once told a bird who asked how he got his kissing kippers was " I had top go down 300 feet loveee ....you will only have to go down 2 foot"

oz/RAN said:
My final question in the part 3 board in Revenge was to name every member of the Trumpton Fire brigade....can you???

An old Coxn once told a bird who asked how he got his kissing kippers was " I had top go down 300 feet loveee ....you will only have to go down 2 foot"

Hugh. Pugh, Barney,Magrew,Cuthbert,Dibble and Grub,

piece a piss :lol: :lol:

It's only a piece of piss if you get it right.
You meant Pugh, Pugh, Barney McG...etc The Pughs were twins.
Kissing kippers?...do you mean the Duke of Edinburgh's view.?

Latest Threads