Your best and worst bikes

witsend said:
spenny said:

I was thinking about riding my current bike............. two wheels on Scottish roads in the depth of winter, dark, wet, snow and ice - a quad surely has to be better and safer, but its not.
quote]

Made the mistake of driving into faslane yesterday morning, wish i had four wheels, it was blowing a bitch and coming down the hill at Cameron house it started throwing it down, i couldn't see jack!!!!!!!

Roger that mate - Im just down the road from you in Edinburgh. I had to ride along the bypass and through the city centre yesterday - the wind and rain was a nightmare!!

I swear if one more feckin taxi driver pulls a last minute U turn in front of me again, Im going to have him :threaten:

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I hear ya,,,,,my personal fav is the taxi signalling left and then doing a U-turn infront of you. I'm always wary about our taxi friends.

witsend said:
I hear ya,,,,,my personal fav is the taxi signalling left and then doing a U-turn infront of you. I'm always wary about our taxi friends.

I kid you not mate - Ive been riding bikes now for 8 years and driving for 14 years. Ive never had so much as a bump, but the past 12 months on my bike commuting to work, Ive nearly been involved in three crashes with taxis pulling a U turn in front of me. One of them would have been fatal for me, luckily quick reactions and blind luck saved me from going under a bus!!

Re the diesel spills, your not wrong mate. Ive seen Council trucks (twice now) going round a roundabout and diesel spilling out the side, because they have no cap on the tank after fueling up :pissedoff:

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Many years ago i was travelling around a roundabout in dunbarton on my NS125F,,back end let go on a patch of diesel,,,managed to put my leg down and catch it,,, i pulled in and proceeded to roll about on the grass verge next to the pavement in fecking agony,,,,opening my eyes i found PC plod staring down at me wondering what i was doing. To give him credit once i had explained what happened he was straight on his radio asking for them to contact the council to clean the diesel up.

Lmao,,,,,,,I ve got no more good news stories about PC plod and bikes only nightmares.