Your best and worst bikes

LujonSA

War Hero
Worst bike was Mary, the chalet bike at Butlins Prestatyn 1964. I thought she had given me a dose but it turned out to be a false alarm.

It looks great doesnt it. I like black for a motorbike, especially if its well looked after, cleaned and polished. My bandit is black too.

2007: CBR 600 Vs Yamaha R6..........

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
I've only ever had one bike. I came back from a deployment and took a 3 day course. Passed my test and a week later bought a VFR750FL. It was a toss up between that or a ZZR1100. Kept the bike for a year then flogged it. When I leave the mob I'll probably get another one. Any ideas for a good all-rounder, that would be ideal for commuting and also for a blast around at the weekends?

Jimmy_Green said:
I've only ever had one bike. I came back from a deployment and took a 3 day course. Passed my test and a week later bought a VFR750FL. It was a toss up between that or a ZZR1100. Kept the bike for a year then flogged it. When I leave the mob I'll probably get another one. Any ideas for a good all-rounder, that would be ideal for commuting and also for a blast around at the weekends?

I hate to say it because its not the nicest looking bike, but a Yamah fazer 1000cc. All round excellent bike mate (they now do a better looking naked version too)

It depends on your taste - I commute to work everyday in any weather (and I live in Scotland!!) but I love sports bikes!! My Suzuki Bandit is great for commuting and for a blast at weekends - maybe a Bandit 1200 would suit you.

BusterQuin

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Worst bike was the Yam XS250 I learnt on dog slow and heavy, my dad would sign the hp for a RD, still with hindsight no bad thing survived the L plates
Loved my 650 Katana got me into the biking world of parties and rallies and still doing them now
Bought a FJ1200 and spent 3yrs weekending from guzz to pompey every available weekend 36k in 3yrs and was deployed for 18 months
Had a break for 9yrs when my daughter come along got back into it with a 600 bandit and bought my 1200 Bandit 3yrs ago still love it, suits my riding style and ability................shit (must be doing something right still on the road after 20 years of riding)
Run a Gpz 500 winter hack bike small and cheap ok bike

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Worst-DT175 It got nicked twice, first time got it back for the police station but could nt get it started, bloody had to push it home 3miles. Put it round the back lane and that was the last i seen of that hunk of junk. Got the impression the police thought i was taking the piss when i reported in stolen a second time.
Best-F650gs Just came back to biking after a few years away and this was the choice of wheels. Lacks a bit of power so i wish now i had went for the 1100 but its my starter bike to get back into the groove and i m loving it.

SoylentGreen

Badgeman
Worst - Z250 Scorpion.

I've had a K75S for the past 5 years and it has been near faultless, thru nasty winters and continental touring. I just got a TDM850 mk2 to see what it was like - and it's great :)

Worst bike was my first one Sport Pro Aprilia looked like it was doing 200mph but spent almost as much time in the dealers as on the road. Best bike I,ve had toss up betweeen TRX850 with stage 3 Dyno and micron carbon fibre race cans and my Last bike which was a A last in the line Black and Silver Thunderace. Couldnt beat the TRX for the sound though. Up to Inveraray one night and back to the base couple of bikers in Arrochar tell me they havent heard any thing like the Trixie on the over run through the Arrochar Alps at 21 dubs on a quiet summer night could be heard when it was still for miles.

I had a blast on my mates Quad recently, with the view to buying one for the winter - great bit of kit but not at all what I expected.

I was thinking about riding my current bike............. two wheels on Scottish roads in the depth of winter, dark, wet, snow and ice - a quad surely has to be better and safer, but its not.
The back end kicks out so much at speed, you look like a stuntman from a James Bond movie!! Great fun though!!

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
spenny said:

I was thinking about riding my current bike............. two wheels on Scottish roads in the depth of winter, dark, wet, snow and ice - a quad surely has to be better and safer, but its not.
quote]

Made the mistake of driving into faslane yesterday morning, wish i had four wheels, it was blowing a bitch and coming down the hill at Cameron house it started throwing it down, i couldn't see jack!!!!!!!