Your average 1.5 mile (2.4km) time. (Topic for everyone)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by creddly, Oct 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, this is a shout out to all wanting to join, all currently serving and the retired/ex Royal Navy.

What was the average time you used to complete the 1.5 mile (2.4km) in!

You can give the time you completed the PJFT in if you can't remember, I'm just trying to get an idea of the average time people complete it in.

p.s. Please be honest. No Walts.
  2. One bottle of pusser neats or 40oz of Cap'n Morgan Dark...and the fact I knew the peri staff... :thumright: :w00t:
  3. Didn't do a PJFT when I joined mate, if you could walk through the gates of St. Vincent, you were deemed fit!!! :w00t: :whew:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Average, about 8min 30sec. Best 8min 4sec around the lake at Horsea Island.
  5. I don't do the 2.4km, but I average about level 9 on the bleep test - not bad for a 43 year old! :dance:
  6. Jesus that's fast. I'm guessing you must run at about 16kmph? My average 1.5 mile time is 10:30 running at 14kmph. I hope to have that down to 9:30 the week before I join Raleigh which is just two weeks away.

Creddly, you forgot to give us your average!
  7. This is useful stuff - I started running about 3 weeks back and my best 2.4 so far is 12 minutes, which I did earlier this evening.

Judging by onewatch's post I've got about 4 minutes to shed along the way.
  8. Sorry Helios.

I did mine in 10m for the Army and 12m this time around for the PJFT, but that's because it was a crappy treadmil.

I hope when I get to Raleigh that I can do it in 9m. I am going to HMS Caledonia on the 5th next month, so if they give me my time after the 1.5 mile, I will tell you how much better it is than the PJFT one.

The way my fitness is increasing though, I might even match my Army time by the time it comes around.

My problem with the runs isn't my fitness. I do 2.5 miles now, which is twice around a local lake (1.25 miles = 1 lap, duh) and I would easily be doing 3, maybe 4 times around now, it's just my legs aren't as fast at advancing as my stamina.

But in between my running days I'm squatting a good weight during my weights routine, so perhaps they're still jaded the day later.
  9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

1.5 mile, is that all you fellas do now? what happened to the BFT....I was cack at it by the way.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

BFT & CFT still exist for the Royals, Blobbs.

The RN equivalent is the RNFT which is (for under 25 Males) 1.5miles under 11 mins 13 secs.

(RM Pre-Joining Fitness Test, all ages, 10 mins 0secs)
  11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Cheers ninja, I take it they dont do the second part - free run then?
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Yup, the Royals on PRMC do 3 miler still- 1.5 mile squad run in 12.00, with a free 1.5 run back in under 10.30
  13. I am 15 and i do it in around 8 minutes. Hope to get it down to 7 minutes by the time i do my PJFT, fingers crossed i get to that stage!!!
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Hello Again Dan,

Good effort mate, keep up the training & don't forget to get a fair bit of upper body strength developed through close-arm press-ups, 'thumbs out' back-handed pull-ups & regular swims.
  15. I hate treadmills, but running 1.5miles on a treadmill, is much easier than running on roads.
  16. Tbh Ninja, out of all fitness activities and sports i do, i really can't do press ups!!!! Is there any kind of tests what involve press ups at Raleigh?

THanks, Danny.
  17. I'm covering the 2.4k in the high 10's but everytime I do a proper timed
    run on a track (every few weeks) I knock time off, last week I was over 20 sec quicker!
  18. Press up's
    swim + tread water
    sit up's
    squat thrust's
    and the 2.4k run

are all tested as part of the training ;)
  19. I know the requirements for all of those tests except for the squat thrusts. Do you know what the minimum is?
  20. I did mine in 8mins 10secs, i couldnt do it any faster because the treadmills at my local LA Fitness are capped at 16kph (i know at that speed 2.4km should be done in about 9 mins, i guess the treadmills arent all that accurate!)