Youngest member of rum ration

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by ex_wasp_L2, May 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I reckon I may be amongst one of the youngest members on here, that is if I cheat a bit and use actual birthdays instead of annual ones. To date I have only has 11 1/2 actual birthdays, anyone here beat that one?
  2. So I guess your real age is 45 , leap year??
    Happy birthday
  3. close but not close enough, add one to it

4. your birthday wouldnt be feb 29 by chance?
  5. for me sins yep but ONLY coz it happened to be the day I was born
  6. I'm 18, so I'm probably one of the youngest about.
  7. Well get back to yer studies and stop talking to MOG's in the chat room.

8. We have had a few 16 year olds, so I'm afraid grandad you're too old. :lol: Quite a few of us geriatrics here joined the RN when we were 15 and have never recovered. :wink: Something to do with never having gone to discos, etc until we were adults: it's just not the same. :)
  9. Same here Nozzy, joined April 30 '62 at the ripe young age of 15 years and 15 days !
  10. I'm 18 too...
  11. Do you youngsters realise that whitemouse & me were both experienced hands at 18? As Juniors you either did a year at HMS St.Vincent and left a more mature lad, or you went to Ganges and left a wiser, mature adult at 16 :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure Greenie will back me up here, despite having the misfortune to go to... er... St.Vincent! :wink:

12. So you’re a leap year baby just like the Bacchante good on yer shippers.
  13. I'm only 24 but hey, not the youngest!!!

But then you are as young as the man your feeling, that would make me 30 then!

Bugger it!
  14. I knew a cadet instructor once who loved to tell us about his time at Ganges and how we had it so easy these days (I don't doubt it!)
    I've read that book "Tales of the Trogs", lets just say it sounded an... interesting place to be!

Where was St Vincent by the way?
  15. ST VINCENT was in Gosport by the way, dunkers, it's now a Higher College of Scum in Hoodies. Or something.
  16. Geoffrey, I can remember when I was a teenager, similar things were said about us. It used to annoy me that all of us teenagers were lumped together as if the actions of the minority represented the majority. Never been happy that people get stereotyped, since. Incidently, your description of Forton Barracks (St.Vincent) sounds like it might be a Monastery :lol:

At least it hasn't been demolished. Having said that I think Ganges should have either have been blown-up after WW2 or should have been opened as the pusser RN Torture Museum :( :lol: :lol:

Actually Dunkers Tales of the Trogs is a little unfair to the place. Although by today's standards it was very tough and could be very cruel, it made us what we are. Many of us would have made nothing of our lives had we stayed in Civvy Street. Pay a visit to Geoff Wessex's site at for a more balanced & positive perspective. For boys who went to G from Greenwich it was a fair and just place, which gives you some idea of how much grimmer the Royal Hospital School was when based in Greenwich earlier in the last century/millenium. I have a slight chip on my shoulder about G because after a night of the most terrible anxiety in the cells, I got 6 cuts for trying to run away (technically Desertion) which was much worse that anything done to you at school, but that was the way things were back then. I'm very glad youngesters today undergo the much fairer regime at Raleigh today. If I could do my time again it would definately be in today's RN not the early 1960s.

PS: If one is as old as one feels, then I swing between 15 and 90!!! :lol:
  17. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Whoa old fellas, was the thread title not youngest? :lol:
  18. Quite right! My apologies... got carried away (in a straightjacket)... :)
  19. Is that you or him??????????????????????????? :?:

20. Which would be less painful for you to hear?