Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young sailor film: real info required

asha

Newbie
I am a film-maker from manchester and have been given a grant to make a short film about navy life, this is a fiction film and i want to get my facts correct, so i want to speak to Officers and Sailors that can help me make a positive, TRUTHFUL film about a sailors life on leave after returning from conflict,

I want to give you a voice, and this will be a film i want to sit in the audience with you and watch togehter, so iam not going to Hollywood it up or make up untruths,

the film is about Honour to the civvie street family and the family within the ship, and when a situation arises and you are given a choice, which way do you go, and how is this choice made.

If you are intreasted in helping, and proofing the script and getting involved please e-mail me at info @ asha-media.com

many thanks Mark Ashmore (Director)
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Just take a trip to Portsmouth/Plymouth and go into a few matelot pubs and buy some of the patrons a few beers; you'll get a far more honest account of naval life there, rather than conducting a 'dry' interview...

Mine's a Guinness! :thumright:
 

bulwark

Banned
asha said:
I am a film-maker from manchester and have been given a grant to make a short film about navy life, this is a fiction film and i want to get my facts correct, so i want to speak to Officers and Sailors that can help me make a positive, TRUTHFUL film about a sailors life on leave after returning from conflict,

I want to give you a voice, and this will be a film i want to sit in the audience with you and watch togehter, so iam not going to Hollywood it up or make up untruths,

the film is about Honour to the civvie street family and the family within the ship, and when a situation arises and you are given a choice, which way do you go, and how is this choice made.

If you are intreasted in helping, and proofing the script and getting involved please e-mail me at info @ asha-media.com

many thanks Mark Ashmore (Director)
Shagging close-ups?
Just parts, no faces. No true voices or faces explaining our useless MOD and Naval High Command. Those terms agreed --No shortage of heroes in the crowd.
 

Gulpers

Midshipman
What's it to be? A film about young sailors or a film about squaddies? you appeared to have duplicated this post on ARRSE.
 

bulwark

Banned
Gulpers said:
What's it to be? A film about young sailors or a film about squaddies? you appeared to have duplicated this post on ARRSE.
What's the difference these days? Silly uniforms for JR's notwithstanding?
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Oi, Grantham!! You change ships very quickly - you've gone from Ceres to Bulwark in one night! I reckon another Draft Order for you is inbound very soon... :oops:
 

slim

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
Oi, Grantham!! You change ships very quickly - you've gone from Ceres to Bulwark in one night! I reckon another Draft Order for you is inbound very soon... :oops:

FFS Sgtp
Don't sign his draft chit :thumright:
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Asha,
Sgt P is correct.For the most candid views get in a pub and talk to people, nothing loosens a matelots tongue like alcohol. Also, changing the subject a bit, but it may be of use to you as a reference, there was a film made by Channel 4 around 25 years ago called remembrance, I thought it was a great film at the time and my brother who was in the mob at the time thought it fairly realistic (as far as TV fiction goes). Obviously a bit dated now, but may help you with ideas of how to present etc?
 

RP1986

GCM
tiddlyoggy said:
Asha,
Sgt P is correct.For the most candid views get in a pub and talk to people, nothing loosens a matelots tongue like alcohol. Also, changing the subject a bit, but it may be of use to you as a reference, there was a film made by Channel 4 around 25 years ago called remembrance, I thought it was a great film at the time and my brother who was in the mob at the time thought it fairly realistic (as far as TV fiction goes). Obviously a bit dated now, but may help you with ideas of how to present etc?

Found this on Google. is this the programe you mentioned?
http://www.timeout.com/film/newyork/reviews/76581/remembrance.html
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
RP1986,
Yes that's the film. loved it when i was a lad not seen it for years though, I suspect now it would be too easy for me to tear holes in it. They smash up Boobs if I remember rightly. Ah, dear old Boobs, can't be many films that feature that wonderful establishment. Rosina I do remember a scene on the Torpers ferry, but as I was still a schoolboy I was more interested in the storyline than to try and spot mistakes which I may not have been able to spot anyway.
 

chieftiff

War Hero
Moderator
asha said:
I am a film-maker from manchester and have been given a grant to make a short film about navy life,

I notice that you have also been given a grant to make a film about Army life on the Army Rumour Service, have you heard of E-Goat, the RAF unofficial Site Perhaps someone will offer you a grant to make a film about the RAF too.
 

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
This all smells a little funny to me and sounds like another journo trying to get some dirt to use to beat us with. Besides I am sure I don't need to remind you all that you need permission to talk to the media. Remember the shite the last lot who sold their stories went through? No thanks mate!! I think we're all better off without.

SF
 
SILVER_FOX said:
This all smells a little funny to me and sounds like another journo trying to get some dirt to use to beat us with. Besides I am sure I don't need to remind you all that you need permission to talk to the media. Remember the shite the last lot who sold their stories went through? No thanks mate!! I think we're all better off without.

SF

OH! NO I DON'T I will spill the beans for €20 and a bottle of Pussers.

Nutty



Nutty
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS NDA launches leadership partnership to inspire young nuclear professionals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 100,000 young people supported as violence reduction units get new funding boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Opportunity Areas programme to support young people hit hardest by pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS LLWR workforce raise £10,000 for cancer charity helping young sufferers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Mel Young as the Scotland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Young people tackle Earth's problems from space MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting local areas to prioritise and meet the needs of children and young people with SEND MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New online tool to involve young people in policy making MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovate UK launches new 3-year programme for Young Innovators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield Ltd – supporting young people in Warrington MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pivotal THINK! campaign calls on young men to step in and stop their mates from drink driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rotherham man who stabbed mother in front of young son jailed for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ACMD public evidence gathering days: young people’s drug use and naloxone provision MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKAEA CEO is a finalist in Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Search is on for young space entrepreneurs across the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Young people to benefit from £155 million funding boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Asia and the Pacific speech at One Young World event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vital new support for young people leaving care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 'Cracking Ideas' competition launched for young inventors. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS T Level campaign launches to help accelerate young people to ‘NexT Level’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UAE Young Journalist Award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy, AstraZeneca support young Egyptians to create innovative medical solutions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coal Authority talks to young professionals on environmental work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Young leaders around the world to join the fight against plastic pollution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid to empower young people and boost jobs in Mozambique MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM surprises young journalists at special ‘children’s lobby’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS High-flying young women and girls celebrated at Downing Street reception MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Derbyshire young people get insight into railway construction MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions in local investment to support children and young people's mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £20 million funding to help 10,000 young people into NHS careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Immunisation survey 2019: attitudes of young people and parents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social media, young people and mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New funding to teach young people about maritime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Young holidaymakers urged to "stick with your mates" MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Traineeships help young people to access jobs and further study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Young engineer Ahmed takes national title MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Young inventors urged to develop technology for a changing world - from climate change to healthy ageing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Young people in Derbyshire have a say on what HS2 could do for them MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: London seminar: Overcoming the barriers to change for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic young offenders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Home Secretary speech on protecting young people's futures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New Youth Charter to support young people across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Science Minister speaks of the potential young people have in addressing the opportunities of the future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New funding to support young women into maritime careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New plans to help next generation of young entrepreneurs turn their ideas into reality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid to equip young Jordanians with skills for modern workforce MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Regular e-cigarette use remains low among young people in Britain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ideas Mean Business: young innovators enjoy success 6 months on MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government backs young musicians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Competition for young space entrepreneurs lifts off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: THINK! Campaign urges young men to stop their friends drink-driving MoD News 0
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top