Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You think SDSR was bad.

I cant see how cutting troop numbers by 46k is going to help with the war on terra.

Mind you, I cant understand the reason for scrapping harrier. The chinks will be chuffed to bits.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
I cant see how cutting troop numbers by 46k is going to help with the war on terra.
Robowarrior to the rescue....
About $2bn extra is to go towards doubling to 50 the number of Predators, the unmanned drones controversially used in Pakistan against suspect al-Qaida and Taliban targets, and also in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Mind you, I cant understand the reason for scrapping harrier. The chinks will be chuffed to bits.
F22s and new Transports cut so Septic Crabs will not be pleased and US Navy ships cut as US has "..dominance of the sea..." not for long matey, the Chinese arn't making cuts yet.

Last edited:

broadside

War Hero
When you have bucketloads you can afford to lose a few drops and slops

Could mean you a few second hand bargains to help the "off-the-shelf" procurement policy along a bit though!!!!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Twenty-one Ten SDSR Query Joining the Royal Navy 6
MoD_RSS Speech: First Sea Lord speech on SDSR 2015 and the Royal Navy MoD News 0
S When is SDSR due? Current Affairs 20
Good CO Sunday Times - RAF 'to double Fast Jet squadrons' in SDSR, Army to do badly... Current Affairs 27
rn458scc SDSR 2015 The Fleet 69
soleil RUSI: "Let Debate Commence: Key Strategic Questions For the 2015 SDSR" Current Affairs 2
Strangelove Glimpsing SDSR 2015 (blog) Current Affairs 5
Naval_Gazer Defence Select Committee Report, SDSR and NSS ( Merged Threads) Current Affairs 7
U SDSR bites-Ouch! The Quarterdeck 12
soleil Telegraph: "Col Tim Collins Blames SDSR Cuts On 'Jealous' Civil Servants In MoD" Current Affairs 14
C SDSR The Quarterdeck 12
W MoD Fury at SDSR Leak Current Affairs 6
soleil Two Six TV - Post-SDSR Interview With The First Sea Lord Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: SDSR: Military Chiefs Fight Private Education Cuts Current Affairs 5
Hermes_R12 SDSR: Sea Harrier - Sharkey Ward Speaks up for his son. Current Affairs 10
Hermes_R12 SDSR:- Did the Type 42s survive the cuts? Current Affairs 50
soleil T'graph: "SDSR: Royal Navy Has Greatest Job Losses And Cuts" Current Affairs 0
J SDSR 2015 - Idle and ill informed speculation... Current Affairs 4
soleil RUSI: "Has The SDSR Secured Britain's Place In The World?" Current Affairs 1
9 Recruitment Post SDSR 2010 (Merged Threads) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
soleil The PM's Statement To The House On The SDSR In Written Form Current Affairs 3
Hermes_R12 Latest SDSR update BBC - Live Current Affairs 3
alfred_the_great SDSR starts.... Current Affairs 0
soleil T'grph Graphic: What The SDSR Will Mean For Our Armed Forces Current Affairs 0
soleil RUSI: "Key defence questions to be addressed in the SDSR" Current Affairs 1
soleil Press Association: SDSR To Be Published In 2 Parts Next Week Current Affairs 12
soleil Telegraph: "Navy Fury At 'Underhand' Army Tactics In SDSR" Current Affairs 7
W SDSR again - Shock news a Minister does his job! Current Affairs 12
Jimpy RNR post SDSR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 146
soleil BBC: "Defence Chiefs & Ministers To Debate SDSR @ NSC Today" Current Affairs 9
A Navy Matters review of the SDSR Current Affairs 6
deano_navy SDSR news article. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
soleil T'graph Gen. Sir Richard Dannatt: SDSR: Britain Is At Stake Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: SDSR: 4 Future Scenarios & How They Might Play Out Current Affairs 3
Hermes_R12 SDSR - Strategic Defense and Security Review Concluding Oct Current Affairs 9
soleil Defence Journal: "The SDSR: A Crossroads For The Royal Navy" Current Affairs 4
soleil FT Article by Max Hastings re the SDSR Current Affairs 4
Naval_Gazer Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR) 2010 Current Affairs 20
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy - On This Day - Sir Thomas Sean Connery Was Born History 2
Stirlin Well that was a good plan...............not. Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS UK scientists help NASA answers the questions, 'was there life on Mars?' MoD News 1
Waspie Was the skipper a BMW owner!!! Submariners 11
J Can I join the Navy if I was previously on Anti-Depressants? Joining the Royal Navy 51
MoD_RSS Social housing sector was in a good financial position at end of March 2020 but faces considerable challenges due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Guimbal Cabri G2, helicopter caught fire and was destroyed MoD News 0
soleil i News: "'You’re Only Ever 15 minutes Away From Launching A Missile': What It Was Like To Be A Cold War Submariner" Submariners 27
MoD_RSS 2019 was record-breaking year for UK exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HM Coastguard volunteer saves man who was choking in Paris restaurant MoD News 0
B Dad was on schooner Zuoduchos Pigi in WW2 The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Man overboard rescued off Dover 'was wearing lifejacket with good strobe light' MoD News 0