You think RR's bad, try Arrse.

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
#1
RR gets a fair amount of slagging but what's going on over on ARSSE?

More outings on the outrage bus than than the national express could ever hope to cope with.

Your bessie mates oppos long lost oppos cat dies and it gets a RIP thread.

You spend more time playing "spot the squaddie" than "spot the walt" when you visit there.

Judging from recent posts, 95% of members are either, civil service or coppers.

Slagging someone down seems more important than contributing to a debate.

Mention anything, however obscure, that criticises the Government and you get the internet "corrective thinking" brigade descend upon you for a re- education session,

The internet "corrective thinking" dept aka ashie and co always take decent threads off on a tangent to deviate criticism.

It's becoming a parody of it's self,

ARRSE is a great site, what's going on?
 

Guns

War Hero
Moderator
#2
It is getting a little too big I think. Wayt back (watch that lamp!) it had good, stimulating, topics of general or mil themes. Now it is a shouty playground with those who can swear the most seeming to think they have won. And god is there some real armchair Admiral/General/RAF Sgts on there who seem to know so much that I am surprised they haven't been sought out by MoD to solve all the problems.

Still some funny threads make it through tho.
 

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Moderator
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
#3
Like many good things Arrse is going through a spell where it is being overwhelmed by its own success. Because it was so good, it has attracted so much dross that it is struggling to get decent threads going.

This is not helped by some of the original members doing nothing but moan about the old times instead of producing good stuff themselves.

On balance, the good still outweighs the bad, but it is in danger of going under.

RR had a phase where good posters were driven away by poor or overhanded moderation. Thankfully that seems to have lightened up a bit now. Arrse has the same happening now but it is the poor poster that is causing the issues. That is a more difficult thing to change.
 
#4
wet_blobby said:
ARRSE is a great site, what's going on?
Just an influx of mongs; they'll get bored with it before the regulars and bugger off shortly. Unfortunately it's now full of pensioners who've just figured out how to use the computer and believe that arrse is an outlet for their national service stories, American pissy hissy fit throwing homos and chavs out for a wind-up.

Pity this place doesn't have a higher through-put of posts as it has some belting dits (for a group of hot-bedding woofters anyway :D )
 
#5
JonnoJonno said:
wet_blobby said:
ARRSE is a great site, what's going on?
Just an influx of mongs; they'll get bored with it before the regulars and bugger off shortly. Unfortunately it's now full of pensioners who've just figured out how to use the computer and believe that arrse is an outlet for their national service stories, American pissy hissy fit throwing homos and chavs out for a wind-up.

Pity this place doesn't have a higher through-put of posts as it has some belting dits (for a group of hot-bedding woofters anyway :D )
Look on the bright side, it could be worse; it could be full of Pongos :bball:

RM
 
#6
Bergen said:
JonnoJonno said:
wet_blobby said:
ARRSE is a great site, what's going on?
Just an influx of mongs; they'll get bored with it before the regulars and bugger off shortly. Unfortunately it's now full of pensioners who've just figured out how to use the computer and believe that arrse is an outlet for their national service stories, American pissy hissy fit throwing homos and chavs out for a wind-up.

Pity this place doesn't have a higher through-put of posts as it has some belting dits (for a group of hot-bedding woofters anyway :D )
Look on the bright side, it could be worse; it could be full of Pongos :bball:

RM
If RR gets better whillst arrse gets worse you could be in for a treat mate! No matter how nekkid you get, or how tight your roll mats are they'll be no stopping us [insert evil laugh here].

Best get some of those new glade plug-ins (section deodorant) for Diamond Lil's 8O
 
#7
JonnoJonno said:
Bergen said:
JonnoJonno said:
wet_blobby said:
ARRSE is a great site, what's going on?
Just an influx of mongs; they'll get bored with it before the regulars and bugger off shortly. Unfortunately it's now full of pensioners who've just figured out how to use the computer and believe that arrse is an outlet for their national service stories, American pissy hissy fit throwing homos and chavs out for a wind-up.

Pity this place doesn't have a higher through-put of posts as it has some belting dits (for a group of hot-bedding woofters anyway :D )
Look on the bright side, it could be worse; it could be full of Pongos :bball:

RM
If RR gets better whillst arrse gets worse you could be in for a treat mate! No matter how nekkid you get, or how tight your roll mats are they'll be no stopping us [insert evil laugh here].

Best get some of those new glade plug-ins (section deodorant) for Diamond Lil's 8O
'Kinnel JJ........ never thought of that. Perce arriving in 'Lils mob-handed is an evil thought. I'd better hide my wallet somewhere that they'd never think of looking.

I know I'll hide it under the soap.......safe as houses.

RM :thumbleft:
 
#8
Bergen said:
'Kinnel JJ........ never thought of that. Perce arriving in 'Lils mob-handed is an evil thought. I'd better hide my wallet somewhere that they'd never think of looking.

I know I'll hide it under the soap.......safe as houses.

RM :thumbleft:
What happens when you lot want to give each other a soapy wank? I'll tell you what- wet fivers that's what. Think man, think :p
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#9
JonnoJonno said:
(for a group of hot-bedding woofters anyway :D )
I have noticed that the site has become a bit camp. All since a pair of foxhole sharing baboon arrsed, pirate wannabes have been curious how the other side lives.
 

Blackrat

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#11
witsend said:
JonnoJonno said:
(for a group of hot-bedding woofters anyway :D )
I have noticed that the site has become a bit camp. All since a pair of foxhole sharing baboon arrsed, pirate wannabes have been curious how the other side lives.
Don't make out that you don't like it you slag.
 

Troglodyte

Lantern Swinger
#12
wet_blobby said:
RR gets a fair amount of slagging but what's going on over on ARSSE?

More outings on the outrage bus than than the national express could ever hope to cope with.

Your bessie mates oppos long lost oppos cat dies and it gets a RIP thread.

You spend more time playing "spot the squaddie" than "spot the walt" when you visit there.

Judging from recent posts, 95% of members are either, civil service or coppers.

Slagging someone down seems more important than contributing to a debate.

Mention anything, however obscure, that criticises the Government and you get the internet "corrective thinking" brigade descend upon you for a re- education session,

The internet "corrective thinking" dept aka ashie and co always take decent threads off on a tangent to deviate criticism.

It's becoming a parody of it's self,

ARRSE is a great site, what's going on?

You,re quite right old fruit, there are even some Newspaper snobs on my home site who deem it rather non "U" to read the "Wail "or the "Telling-Graph" plus one or two more of the national dailies. I,ve seen some APPALING comments from these fellows that have left me feeling quite faint to the extent that I,ve had to imbibe several G&Ts to steady myself before ploughing on. Still, it really is the best site by far and I think many of you chappies from the Maritime world should drop in more often, you never know it may add some class to an otherwise unworldy slobbering match. Chin Chin!!.
 
#15
It's a cyclical thing. Good becomes famous becomes infamous becomes inundated becomes diluted becomes stagnant becomes revitalised becomes good...

ARRSE is now in the diluted phase, so there is hope...
 
#17
sgtpepperband said:
...hence why you drifted across here?! :wink:

And welcome, by the way. :thumbleft:
Yes, I thought there might be a few grown-ups and less outrage and Walt-hunting (which has become rather tiresome) over here.

And thank you kind Sir, for your welcome!
 
#19
Legs_yes_that_Legs said:
sgtpepperband said:
...hence why you drifted across here?! :wink:

And welcome, by the way. :thumbleft:
Yes, I thought there might be a few grown-ups and less outrage and Walt-hunting (which has become rather tiresome) over here.

And thank you kind Sir, for your welcome!
Grown ups!!! How very dare you :twisted: And welcome to the site but watch for SPB, he's plod but don't tell anyone :wink:
 
#20
Welcome aboard Legs. Quite a few ARRSERs seem to be migrating here although several of us RR natives also frequent 'the other place', especially when there's a decent thread running.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T The Quarterdeck 10
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
Jenny_Dabber Social & Reunions 217

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top