You can't touch me, I am an MP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Mar 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Eric Joyce has been sentenced to a 12-month community order after admitting four counts of assault.
    The 51-year-old was charged following a row in the Strangers’ Bar in the House of Commons on February 22.
    In addition to the community order he will face a three-month curfew and is banned from entering any bars during that time.
    He was also fined £3000 and was ordered to pay £350 compensation to each of his victims.
    Mr Joyce admitted assault charges and one count of assault by beating at Westminster Magistrates Court this morning.
    The former soldier headbutted the Conservative MP for Pudsey, Stuart Andrew, in the Strangers’ Bar.
    The Falkirk MP also attacked Tory councillors Luke Mackenzie and Ben Maney, and Labour whip Phil Wilson, who represents Sedgefield.

The Falkirk Herald

I don't know Jocks and strong drink!

3388222550.jpg

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

On the plus side, he's provided lots of Defence Solicitors with excellent mitigation when it comes to sentencing their own clients for similar.

3. Time to look at the duty free bars in the House then ...

4. I didn't think it would take you long to come slithering in, if you are so concerned about the 2 men who were killed in Nigeria where is your thread covering it?

5. Did you take lessons in jejune abuse in the wrong section of RR, of does it come naturally?

If you have no interest why poke your snoring horn in, if you don't like my posts don't respond or is that too complex for you?

6. You just can't help yourself can you, every mess had one, a gobshite that is and if you served an any ships it would have been you.

7. :happy1::whdat::whax:

8. Jesus you two hate each other

9. How delightfully gay, is that Jack Speak?

10. I had conversations like this when I was married. Good times!

Bit dusty in here!

11. It's just like a mid-patrol mess spat, I love it :-D

12. Not at all I think witters is the dogs bollocks.

To get back on track, yes as a convicted criminal he should be barred from sitting in the H of Commons and a By-election held, having said that what would happen if he stood as an independent and was elected?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  13. Simple answer Finks - "as a convicted criminal he should be barred from sitting in the H of Commons" - oh, that's what you said. We are in total agreement then. Which would mean that if he did stand for Parliament and was elected he would not be allowed to take his seat.

Alternatively they could make some rules that would bar convicted criminals from standing for election. Does anyone have any idea how many currently sitting MPs would be forced out of Parliament if that rule was introduced and enforced?

14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Kick them all out and let us have a bash. I want the Immigration job.

15. Aye, first job deport that black ozzy mongrel Rum Rat.

16. You could find out under the Freedom of Information Act, personally I would not trust any of them further than I could project a dribble of piss.

17. You are far too easygoing Finks, I wouldn't even trust them that far!

18. Well this twathole of an mp has been proven wrong and been arrested, well i say good to that and the cnut should have been given a custodial sentence.

19. bots and trolls - its hard to identify which is which sometimes especially when one acts as the other