You can drink and drive.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by NotmeChief, Jul 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A routine police patrol parked outside a bar on a stake out, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he
    could barely walk. The man stumbled around the car park for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing.
    After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys in five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car which he fell into.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a fine, dry summer night), flicked the indicators on, then off a couple of times,
    honked the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few
    more minutes as some more of the other patron vehicles left.

At last, with the carpark empty, he pulled out started to drive slowly down the road. The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the man over and carried out a breathalyzer test. To his amazement the breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed any alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it," said the truly proud man. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

2. Haha, class! :thumright:

5. Nutty, would you, on a "routine patrol", have "staked out" a bar?

6. As a good cop Nutty would only have staked it out from the inside :thumright:

7. If he was a "good cop" Slim then I'm sure he wouldn't have been hanging around bars at closing time looking for easy arrests!

8. Easy arrests are fine by me so long as they ensure drink drivers are removed from the roads. :thumright:

9. Oh don't get me wrong Slim, I'm all for removing drink drivers, its the "stake out" bit that I don't agree with :)

10. If like me you see the same cars daily in the pub car park, staying there for several hours at a time I have no objections at all to a stake out. As I stated earlier we need to remove drink drivers from the roads. Swiftly followed by those [email protected] on mobile phones :pukel:

11. I understand where you are coming from Slim, but I do not agree with the stake out approach for DD when the Police are no where to be found when a kid gets knifed.
    And YOU try phoning them if your car gets broken into or the party up the road is still going strong (and in the garden) at three AM. The refusal to come out will make you see another side mate :)

12. Lamers I can see both points and reckon we need many more cops on the streets. Give the paperwork to civie clerks and let our constables nick the villains. Follow that up with the judiciary handing out real sentences and we will be on track for a half decent country.

13. I agree, we already have enough Policemen, we just need to get them out walking around instead of sat in cars or the station. Make them part of the community again.

15. And I thought it was quite a funny one until Mr Senseofhumourbypass showed up!

16. yep i laughed as well until mr charisma popped my balloon.

now i feel really guilty

oh well, i'll get over it

17. If like me you see the same cars daily in the pub car park, staying there for several hours at a time I have no objections at all to a stake out. As I stated earlier we need to remove drink drivers from the roads. Swiftly followed by those [email protected] on mobile phones
    And of course all those cars will be driven by persons drinking alcohol!!!!, get real slim, perhaps if the police were able to spend more time on the ground then we might achieve the results you so crave.

18. My response wa also a joke I never nicked a drunk driver in all my service, because you have to be in uniform to do so. Few Breath Bags were done when I was in uniform.

Some People do have a sense a of humour failure when you black cat their dit.

Nutty

PS for the thicker readers the first line says "A routine police patrol parked outside a bar on a stake out." Now it can be a stake out or a routine Police Patrol but not both.

19. Didn't work with me though did it.

Stop splitting hairs for gods sake, it was just a joke, accept it like it is.

20. Need more police on the street: true.

The problem is that this Government in particular has been very good at dropping standards.

We need more police on the streets, so they invented Community Support Officers instead of investing in more police.

We needed more teachers, so they invented teaching assistants.

We needed more doctors, so they invented Nurse Practitioners.

Dumbing down is a phrase used a lot, but in that past 10 years there really has been a lot. I have every repect for CSOs in that they put themselves on the line, but I wouldn't do it. If I wanted to be a policeman I'd join the police. If I wanted to be a teacher I'd be a teacher. If I wanted to be a doctor then I'd go to medical school (and I did, and have the scars to prove it!)

Time to break away from this mediocracy!