Yorkshire walks.

Stirlin

War Hero
Forgot this was on , mixture of hand held 360 degree hand held camera and drone footage , some of which is stunning.
One in a series of 4 , why does the beeb put stuff like this on BBC4 ? , it could/should replace some of the reality/game show dross
on 1 & 2.
-

BillyNoMates

War Hero
I would walk for miles as a kid along this beach with my dogs. When the tide went out, I mean it really went out....... hundreds of yards of nothing but flat sand and a view into the distance that was simply too big for a ten year old to comprehend. Beachcombing was an amazing way to pass the time and I remember once finding a RAF Airmans ration tin. Just like a sardine tin, it opened with a key, which was missing, but after a bit of a battering with a rock I got it open. The only item within it that I can honestly recall was a tube(?) of condensed milk. I wish that I had kept some of my finds, I really do, because when the North Sea got rough....... all manner of treasures were left on the tide line.
afcbfdfa021a92acc3cfe005eeb6ca1c.jpg
Now the sea is advancing ever more menacingly into the areas south of my hometown and watching this short video has made me wonder as to how far those cliffs have been pushed back since the days I walked 'Rusty' and 'Chum'. Times I will never forget.

guns1969

War Hero
I would walk for miles as a kid along this beach with my dogs. When the tide went out, I mean it really went out....... hundreds of yards of nothing but flat sand and a view into the distance that was simply too big for a ten year old to comprehend. Beachcombing was an amazing way to pass the time and I remember once finding a RAF Airmans ration tin. Just like a sardine tin, it opened with a key, which was missing, but after a bit of a battering with a rock I got it open. The only item within it that I can honestly recall was a tube(?) of condensed milk. I wish that I had kept some of my finds, I really do, because when the North Sea got rough....... all manner of treasures were left on the tide line.
View attachment 45746
Now the sea is advancing ever more menacingly into the areas south of my hometown and watching this short video has made me wonder as to how far those cliffs have been pushed back since the days I walked 'Rusty' and 'Chum'. Times I will never forget.

If the oggin reaches the lighthouse, - Panic !
(Saw Suzy Quatro in Withernsea around 1978/79, my pash from 'Ull took me).

Chris P

Midshipman
Remember being nearly caught by the tide at Tunstall with my brother when 'we was lads' 'kin long time ago, used to push bike over from ull, couldn't do that now either - it's a long way from Tassie....

Chris P

Midshipman
Nice pic thanks, had forgotten what it looks like mind it was 58 years ago..................where'd that go??

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Yorkshire version of Atlantis.
Tunstall falling into the sea plus just about everything else up to Hornsea and beyond.

Tunstall.jpgarticle_img.jpg0_Hornsea-cliffs-5.jpg

And we mank about potholes?