Yorkshire Ripper in Bid for Freedom

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Cpt_Black, May 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Link

Interesting, a female (or 'woman') lawyer is arguing that Peter Sutcliff, the Yorkshire Ripper from the 70's and 80's, has had his human rights breached.

Its nice to see the government made a reasonably hard stand although, in my opinion, correct.:

Also interesting is that the 'minimum' of 30 years will end in 2011. I doubt he will be released if he is still in Broadmoor, but if he is returned to the regular (tried hard not to use normal) prison service I wonder how long it will be...

2. I have heard of Bindmans, had some dealings with them years ago in immigration. Typical leftie solicitors who seem to think that you deserve to be let out even more the worse your crime is.

3. If only we had hanging still,solves the appeal problem straight away.

4. Last I heard he was locked up in Albany on the Isle of Wight .. trouble with all these do gooders is they get these animals released and the local council has to find 'em housing etc because they wont give them a ticket home. What we dont want over here is some mad looney (is that PC enough) running amoke .. Keep him locked in a cell and nail the door shut!

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Oh I do love reading people's opinions about legal matters... a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, innit?! 8O

6. He he :)

Glad to see that your back in good humour Sgt! Hope you're looking after the donkeys!

7. sgtpepperband

Donkeys are fine - BBQ was delicious... :twisted:

8. Got thrown out of a horse show once wandering around with an empty bagette looking for a dead horse! Needless to say the ex was not over impressed! ... Well .. I was bored!

9. Now wouldn`t it be fitting if Ms Saimo Chahal became the first victim of his second murder spree on release.

10. .....but if he has been sectioned they can throw away the key ??.

11. sgtpepperband

Regardless of whether you agree with her actions or not, wishing murder on someone - especially by Peter Sutcliffe - is so not funny, on many levels.

:evil:

12. Perhaps not, but it would be poetic justice :thumright: The clever smooth talking lawyers persaud the courts to release those who are not fit to live in the community and when these scum re-offend don't even apologise for their mistakes. Perhaps it's time for those who campaign for releasing these criminals were held responsible for the actions of them when released. Wonder how hard they would fight then?

13. Sutcliffe was sentenced to Life imprisonment, the fact that he is currently in a Nut Hatch is not really relevent as the Life sentence still stands so if the trick cyclists say he is now sane he would be returned to prison custody to serve the Life sentence. I doubt he will ever be released.

14. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

copenhagencup wrote:
    Now wouldn`t it be fitting if Ms Saimo Chahal became the first victim of his second murder spree on release.

SPB wrote:
    Regardless of whether you agree with her actions or not, wishing murder on someone - especially by Peter Sutcliffe - is so not funny, on many levels.

Definitely not funny for the previous victims. Its not about Sutcliffe for her its about her ego, "ooh look what I can do". Rather her for her actions than an innocent not involved in his release. Take responsibility for your own actions, if you campaign to release a monster you should take responsibility not the state.

On a more personal note.
    Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them...

Now that is a nice.

Stick to dicking Lads for being out of the rig of the day for a couple of days 9's

15. Lethal injection would have solved all the problems. He was and still is GUILTY.S
    S
    ome do gooder and human rights, what about the Human Rights of those he mutilated and their families.

END OF>

16. Same old crap different day, just how do you know that his lawyer is as you put it a typical leftie solicitor? There was me thinking that lawyers were just in the business of making money.