Yoga.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by 2_deck_dash, May 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone do a cheeky bit of yoga as part of their training regime?

I'm not talking about all the spiritualist meditation shit that goes with it, just the breathing and stretching aspect in a relaxed environment.

I started recently, just following videos on Youtube. It seems to be quite beneficial and the stretches are working muscles that don't usually get a look in when I go running or hit the bike. I've found my recovery after a run has improved since I've been doing this.

Starting the day with a 20 min Youtube yoga sesh seems to be working wonders. Afterwards, I feel incredibly refreshed.

Just find a quiet space away from the missus and kids for 20 minutes and give this a go, you might like it: Yoga for Complete Beginners - Yoga Class 20 Minutes - YouTube

I haven't caught the gay by the way.

2. Gay. ******* gay. GAY.

I've taken MOD action and infracted myself for the above but it was necessary, you hom.

Edited to add: Bugger, I can't infract myself, someone else do it. GAY.

3. In a nutshell....NO, it's what Monty said. Safeguard, two clips two pins..you're on the turn. It'll be sandals with socks and lentil soup next.

4. finknottle action, would those who should be setting an example please keep their crayoning in the appropriate sections of the forum?

5. Apparently yoga really helps cycling in an "aero" position (back flat, arms on bars, head down and legs spinning like ****)... I haven't tried it, lycra is gay enough for me!

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Joking aside, but often that is the point - if your mind is clear of negative thoughts, your body is in a relaxed and responsive mode, thus making the benefits more evident. You don't have to have caught the ghay to do it; I once did some simple Tai Chi movements, nothing too difficult and even on that first occasion, I noticed a definite change in my mental state and an inner sense of calm and warmth. So while I might not necessarily be a spiritual person, I can claim that doing these Eastern exercises certainly have spiritual qualities.

7. I'm definitely feeling the love for it, my comment about the spiritualist side of it was generally more about not dressing up in a Sari. The breathing exercises and getting in a relaxed state of mind really set you up for the day.

A bit of Yoga coupled with my usual daily run is working wonders for me. I banged out a level 13 bleep test over the weekend, I usually peak at level 12.

Anyway, the rest of you are all massive beefers, Yoga is mega, you get fit and you get to look at divs women in tight outfits.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The guilty party has received an infraction. Wring your knickers out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's YouTube. You can watch women in tight outfits on there without being a poof.

Buy a heavy bag and some mitts. It's your only hope of redemption now.

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I've been advised to try yoga to assist with my knackered neck/shoulders/back/knee. I've yet to do so but nothing ventured and all that.

I'm with 2DD on this one chaps.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AAF

AAF Badgeman

2DD in his Yoga outfit.
    -
    droppedImage_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. I do all that shite too, I just like to mix up my training routine with different styles and techniques. You'll be pleased to know that along with my calm yoga area in my spare bedroom, I also have an unheated cattle shed with a pull up bar, some free weights and my pussers kit bag full of sand hanging from the rafters.

Oooooooosssshhhhhh!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Great, manly post.

Until you said 'my calm yoga area'.

14. Wait a minute, I seem to recall you bleating on about 'pose running' on here a little while back.

Now that sounds proper gay.

You gay.

15. Running is phys. Yoga is self-cottaging but using your 'calm area' as the public toilet.

16. I've just done some extensive research into 'Pose Running' and it appears to be a running technique for people with weak legs who can't hack real running.

Shame there isn't a running technique for people with weak wrists eh?

Anyway you benders, I'm off to practice my lotus position.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That's why yoga exists.

18. Not that gay surely?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sorted......

• Like Like x 1
  20. Just as it should be lad no one should be above the law.

Never tried Yoga, my preference is the no impact of our rowing machine and it’s in the garage so no effort required in getting to the gym.