Yet another...PJFT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Flanders_Pigeon_Murder, Mar 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i did have a search around on here and the RN website, but I couldn't find anything solid on the matter.

Aside from the 1.5 mile run, is there anything else to be done during the test? I know the marines need to do pull-ups, push-ups etc, is that part of the RN test too? Thanks for any info chaps.

I'll be going to see my AFLO in the week to arrange the test, however intrigue has gotten the best of me.
  2. I believe that unless its changed from when I did mine (2003) its just the 1.5mile on a treadmill at a local gym.
    However I'm standing by to be corrected.
  3. Thanks, although I've already looked at that. I guess it's just the run then.

Thanks again guys.

-edit- That was a quick delete!
  4. Yes it is just 1.5 mile run on a treadmill no other form of exercise prior to joining. You will have you BP measured as well just before.
  5. yep, get weighed, measured and then run on treadmill with no incline quite easy really. 12.20 is the limit i last heard for the PJFT but at raleigh its 11.13 so if you can get it under 11 mins brilliant!