Yet another AIB experience

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Never forget.... Word is produced by an American company. Not English.

And don't get me on Word formatting!!
TT. Change the language from US English to UK English as below.
To set the default language used by Word, you follow these steps:
  1. Choose Language from the Tools menu, then choose Set Language from the submenu. Word displays the Language dialog box.
  2. In the list of languages, select the one you want to use by default.
  3. Click on the Default button. ...
  4. Close the Language dialog box.

Waspie

War Hero
  1. Choose Language from the Tools menu, then choose Set Language from the submenu. Word displays the Language dialog box.
Simples innit!!!!!
Maybe too simple!!!;););)

Taztiff

War Hero
Simples innit!!!!!
Maybe too simple!!!;););)

I know all about that. First thing I do when getting a Word doc from anyone is to check the type of English used. Far too many people neglect to set it for non-american English.
My comment was about it being an American program and even if you do set it to UK English it still sets out to play silly buggers with your attempts at writing a nice simple technical report (or recipe or summat like that:D)

huwshpis

War Hero
I'm with @Taztiff on this one. I preferred WordPerfect as a word processor. I also think that Micros**t Word's internal structure owes a lot to Excel, which reduces its flexibility. Work-arounds are all right as far as they go, but they unnecessarily complicate what one is trying to do.

Don't get me started on the templates for legal documents - they're all s**t.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Taztiff

War Hero
I'm with @Taztiff on this one. I preferred WordPerfect as a word processor. I also think that Micros**t Word's internal structure owes a lot to Excel, which reduces its flexibility. Work-arounds are all right as far as they go, but they unnecessarily complicate what one is trying to do.

Don't get me started on the templates for legal documents - they're all s**t.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ahhhh!
WordPerfect, those were the days!
Used to run a version on a 286sx Toshiba Laptop with an orange Plasma screen running MS-Dos 3.1 with a 20Meg harddrive :D
Output print to a dot matrix printer in the Seawolf Tracker office on a 23.

Got me all gushy and stuff now!
t3100sx.jpg

Not the actual one I hasnt to add - not that sad!

Waspie

War Hero
I know all about that. First thing I do when getting a Word doc from anyone is to check the type of English used. Far too many people neglect to set it for non-american English.
My comment was about it being an American program and even if you do set it to UK English it still sets out to play silly buggers with your attempts at writing a nice simple technical report (or recipe or summat like that:D)
What choice do you have program wise?
Word - Yank
Pages - Yank
Never bothered looking for a UK version of word processing.

huwshpis

War Hero
Just checked my copy of the Shorter Oxford English dictionary, it says the spellings are alternatives, that is, you can use either and neither is wrong in any context! :p