YES!!! Got My Application - Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by creddly, Feb 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Envelope came this morning with 'On Her Majesty's Service' stamped across the top. I sensed bad news. But when I opened it, it was an application form for the British Armed Forces ( :grin: OH YEAH :grin: )

So I'm filling it out now and I'm getting it straight back to AFCO!!!

So what's the next step after the application again? - Assuming they don't laugh at it and throw it in the bin. :oops:

2. Test Credders, then interview, then Medical/eye test and finally a liitle run - 2.4km in a time that fits in with your age .

GOOD LUCK , MATEY

3. Good luck Credders

4. great news Credders!!!!!
    ship_rat

5. Well done Creddly - see you in the mob soon!

6. Cheers lads and ladies.

I'm actually stuck though... wonder if you can help...

It's on the 'Previous Service' section;

Terms of Service:

Category of Discharge:

I think I have an answer for both but I don't want to make a fool of myself lol.

Thanks in advance. I've decided to personally take down the application anyway, so if there's any questions I don't know or can't find an answer for off you guys, I'll ask them whilst I'm there.

7. Leave those sections blank and ask at the AFCO.

8. Cheers Dunkers - I plan on doing that!

I'm a bit confused now with the employment history part too.

I lived in Portugal 5 years ago and had 2 jobs on the go. They were bar staff and labourer but I haven't got any proof of this. They were cash-in-hand at the end of the week jobs. Not official jobs. I don't know whether I can put these. Also, until September gone, I worked with my dad in his window cleaning business for a year, but this wasn't official either. I think I'm buggered!

In fact, the only 'Official' job I've ever had was in the Army and in a factory, 3 years ago . The rest have been cash-in-hand... but not whilst claiming benefits (HATE BENEFIT FRAUDSTERS :evil: )

Oh what to do!?

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

go for it creddy, you'll worry yourself into an early grave mate, ever heard of lying?

10. I've heard of lying... but lying to the MOD who know every intricate detail about you is a different matter entirely.

We're talking about an organization who knows everything thing you've ate in your life... everytime you've taken a piss, everytime you've hugged your mother, etc. - It's not so easy to lie to them! lol

11. Seriously mate, they don't really know that much!

12. Surely creative embelishment or negative actuality :mrgreen:

13. Why has it got to be lying?

I've genuinely worked a year and half with my dad as a window cleaner, but it wasn't official... so can I put it down on the application?

Should I lie that it was official and I was paying tax and NI contributions? - Can they find out if you really have?

14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

like I say mate, you'll worry yourself into an early grave :mrgreen:

15. Just tell them that's what you did. They're not going to string you up for it.

And you credit the MOD with knowing far too much. Most of the time they don't know their arse from their elbow.

16. Creddly you are coming across as a panicker. Panic on a ship and especially a submarine is not a good thing as it can lead to your crew- mates being put in jeopardy. You are worrying about problems that may not arise, wait until they do and deal with them then.

Hows this for a start, your cash in hand jobs were in fact Self Employment, the details of which are between your accountant, the tax man and yourself. No one else is likely to be bothered in the slightest.

Your jobs abroad show a sense of adventure and initiave which will probably be seen as a plus sign at your interveiw.

Start thinking on your feet as this will stand you in good stead during your naval career.

Pol

17. They can't even reliably tell me how much I've been payed in the last financial year, so I think you'll be ok.

18. Congratulations mate, bet you're pleased to be getting the ball rolling.

I'd put down all your jobs anyway. You obviously haven't seen some of the scum in the AFCO who haven't done a day's work in their life aged around 25. I know you're really keen to get this all spot on, but this application isn't like an exam- they're just trying to find out whether you're cut out for the forces, which you are because you're ex-army. You passed army tests aged 17 with little life experience. You will pass Navy tests if you were like you were all those years ago, let alone with the drive and ambition you have now. Don't worry! Be positive, this is the biggest thing to remember to portray.

19. Like your Avatar "Credly" & all the bits for your signature , well impressive , :wink: & stop worrying ,

20. Lol you're right there!

Lol I will put down my jobs then! But if in the interviews they tell me I'm having a laugh with no proof of these jobs then I'm coming back to kill you all! lol

Good advice there Pol - Cheers.

If I get in , I can assure you I won't be a panicker... I'll be loving it! It's just until they say yes, I feel I'm buggered! lol

Thanks again!

LOL point duly noted!!!

Aaahhh snappy, as soon as I see your name, I know it's great advice as always!

Thanks again!

Lol I'm just gonna put down what I thinks best now on the application and go for it!

What's the worst that can happen - They'll laugh me out of AFCO... I'll soon get over it after some therapy and a decade of time healing! lol

Nah kidding... I'm just gonna give it my all now!!! :twisted:

Thanks Dondon... took me a while to put together! :mrgreen: