Yellow peril

I suppose that with a population of 1,250,000 they can afford to let it drop to 1,249,728 now and again.

Next time in Gerrard St, W1, I will certainly think carefully about what I buy in the Chinese Supermarkets (isn't one called Fuk Mee?) I wonder how safe my Chinese made trolley jack is.

The choges don't sod about with prolonged trials and endless appeals do they.

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Re the name of that supermarket ...

1. I landed for a banyan on an island off Singapore once and near the landing place was a small Chinese-type pavilion. It had a little formal plaque inside reading, in English, 'Erected by Lye Kee Fuk'.

2. There was an undertaker in Johore called 'Go Soon'.

chinamatelot

Lantern Swinger
On the local news here tonight, Bejing hawker stalls have been selling Steamed dumplings made with pork and....

....cardboard! The cardboard is soaked in water, then softened up with caustic soda to make it pliable enough to fill the dumpling with and save on the quantity of pork!

Yummy! They have since been arrested - probably a bit of lead poisioning is due to the back of the neck. The Minister found guilty has already been offed!

China.

Seaweed said:
Re the name of that supermarket ...

1. I landed for a banyan on an island off Singapore once and near the landing place was a small Chinese-type pavilion. It had a little formal plaque inside reading, in English, 'Erected by Lye Kee Fuk'.

2. There was an undertaker in Johore called 'Go Soon'.
My mate works in a sewage plant in the UK they have a Chinese engineer over studying the set up. His name is WHO FLUNG DUNG