Yellow Advertiser: "In the Navy"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Feb 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does his mum know he's there!! :lol:
  2. Soon turn into "Teddy Bear Chucking Spoon Fed Growbag".

Pilots, "Shit Em"
  3. I JUST LOVE SNOTTY PILOTS :wink: :wink: :wink: dont just suppose he could fly a Buccaneer, 8) 8) 8) Like my old could!!!!! :lol:
  4. JFH,

An officer does not 'chuck'; an officer 'throws' (or has someone more capable do it for him). Equally, you missed out the adjective, 'silver' before 'spoon' (or gold with diamonds on top if a deity-chosen SHAR driver :) ).

Please report to my room on the boat for a remuster.

I recall a lantern-swinging dit from my SP one day about how he'd seen a Phantom, off the old Ark, crewed by Snotties. Don't know if it's true or not but training takes so long nowadays that I don't think we'll see it again. I went straight through with no lengthy bits between the various courses but it still took nearly 3.5 years from walking through Dartmouth's gates to going front line in 801's finest. A proud Subby in my grey toy but the white flashes disappeared some 1.5 years earlier :( .
  5. Looks like he's still in nappies.

Although, good luck to the fella. He'll soon learn what Stwd's are for :lol:
  6. :wink: :wink: Hope it is true, but the old and bold C/O and S/P on Buccaneers would not look to kindly on Snottys on the Flat tops, it was their toy !!! they were usually left behind at the RNAS ,Training up and getting their first ring. Our Snottys at Lossie didnt go onboard untill they were S/LT, but flew most days at 809 sqdn, My favourite was Middshipman Thompson in the front seat and A/SLT Council in the back seat 8) 8) 8) 8)
  7. One of the best pilots I can recollect was a 'Snotty'.

Digs Nelson, last I heard of Digs was CO of 829. I spent a few years crewed with him on 819 a superb pilot.

Organised a good run ashore too! (Stornaway 1982/3).