yay

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrisj09, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. got my gcse results back to day i got 8c's 1b and 1D. I done better then expected and have got £250 on the way :d, im just glad i got my c in maths

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Very well done & best of luck.

Enjoy blowing the money.

Pocket money hasn't half increased from my days in secondary education. 8O

3. You were on Guinea's and shillings weren't you Ninja? ;)

Well done Chris!

4. cheers ninja , this geek i know got 10 A*s i wonder what she'll be getting

5. nearly as much as the pass marks

6. Well done, Chris! That's brilliant news!

7. Congratulations Chris! x

8. thanks guys :D a C was the highest i could get in math which im proud i got, to bad my dad dont know yet he's down on the sub lol

9. GCSEs? Are those O Levels or CSEs?

Congratulations by the way.

Brings back happy memories...... 6 O levels grade C, 1 grade B and 10 CSEs level 3! :razz:

Then the Maths..... O Level grade U!!!! :sad2:

And the Dunce grade for my Chemistry and Biology A Levels! :oops:

10. same thing arnt they?

11. I've no idea, having left school some 30 years ago! :lol:

For the record, I found BA level study in Criminology, at Birkbeck, EASIER than my science A levels (and I got a much better grade!). Then again, as a mature student it may have been easier anyway.

12. fair enough.

im not sure what to do with the money pay for a cbt and get insured on my dads 125bike in novermber or save for driving leasons :D

13. Ninja_Stoker

Blummin' heck, that's a scary thought- nearly a tenner per GCSE. 8O

Hmmn, got to think of a way of sabotaging my 11 year old son's academic aspirations in that case - 250 quid, that's nearly a run ashore in today's money.

14. only by my dad :D

15. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

My Dad promised me £50 for every GCE I passed at level C or above, when I got 9 he gave me £90, I explained to him that I wasn't an idiot and had passed my Maths, he said "well done, just a shame there wasn't a GCE in gullibility as I would have got an A in that"

I did exactly the same for my lad and although it cost me £110 it was a lot less than the £550 he thought he was getting :wink:

16. Bet your Dad will be very proud of you. When will you be able to tell him?

17. tongiht when he gets back from work , i couldnt ring him to day because he was down on the boat :)

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ah, we speak the same lingo. :wink:

I like chieftiff's Dad's idea, but the decimal point's in the wrong place.

19. sent u a pm by the way ninja

20. Just hang on there with the ferkin celabrations matey, :wink: i got 15 a`s no b`s and no d`s and all i got was a ferkin job as a Pogi, :D

ps well done , now go out and get drunk,rodgered,and tattoed,