Yank bird lives up to stereotype

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Shakey, Feb 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This woman is too stupid to live.

Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."

It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing "the absolute worst use of lifelines ever."

After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question.

The question was: "Which of the following is the largest?"

A) A Peanut
    B) An Elephant
    C) The Moon
    D) Hey, who you calling large?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readily know the answer.

"Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie," said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. "I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be."

Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.

"Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!" exclaimed Evans. "Darn. I think I better phone a friend." Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.

"Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!" said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. "Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun."

Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds. "Come on Betsy, are you sure?" said Evans. "How sure are you? Puh, that can't be it."

To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.' "I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience," said Evans.

Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.

"Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking," said the too-stupid-to-live Evans. "But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant. Final answer."

Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'
  2. Deleted for Shakey :smile:
  3. Awwwww, don't spoil the dit! I even included a link!
  4. Out of respect for This 'ol house and Green Door I have binned my post.
  5. But Lingyai it was probably one which would have got passed the Mods
  6. You obviously love me truly, Julie. :wink:
  7. I cannot believe someone could be that stupid. How the hell has she lived this long without drinking bleach or headbutting a moving vehicle.

8. blessssss
    maybe her momy is her sister................. :twisted: :evil: :shock:
  9. Doh! I thought it was a peanut, the moon looks so small. :oops:
  10. How very topical Slim, only today I was almost banned from the site :sad: Hence my startling metamorphosis into Mr nice. :mrgreen:
  11. """""How very topical Slim, only today I was almost banned from the site :sad: Hence my startling metamorphosis into Mr nice. :mrgreen""""
    wow this I gota seee........... Mr Nice.......... :twisted: :wink:
  12. Tongue bitten, veins pulsing, temperature rising.....
    Deep breaths, happy thoughts....... ahhhhh Done it.
  13. wowow well done how cool are you.......... :wink:
  14. Got to agree with JG on this one, luckily i keep an elephant in the back garden , i even waited till the moon was full, got behind the elephant , no moon to be seen, FFS some people even think the world is round.
  15. And I have to agree with you Hig! just as you agreed with JG (although I don't fully agree with JG) If you agree with me say.............yeah!
    Anyway, it's all to do with that great word "perspective" ain't it? When there's a full eclipse the moon covers the Sun. The whole f....ing Sun mind you!! so the moon MUST be bigger then the Sun. Just as your elephant in your back garden is bigger then the moon! Now, dangle the elephant a few thousand feet up in the outer atmosphere (the yanks can do this) and the peanut in front of your eye would really be bigger then the elephant. Right?
    So, the dumb lady in question was really correct all along depending on the perspective of the said items. I'd demand my $100 or take the case to the High Court quoting Civil Liberties, Human Rights, H&S, Self Rule, PC or who the fcuk you calling dumb!! :shock: :grin:

Isn't the world round then??........very odd that. If it were flat (as it may be) wouldn't all the water that covers the world fall over the edge like a big waterfall???...yes...very odd... :mad: :mad:
  16. No Sripey its not odd at all, where have you been where the water does not meet the shore at some point? You`ll be telling me next that you`ve seen a One Man Band. Or even a Red Cabbage FFS.
  17. It s called Care in the Community!
  18. Having been living under a rock (well, pissed really) for a number of years now, Iv'e not studied the finer points of this world as I should. BUT, from your comments then the world must be surrounded by shoreline?? Not true! I've seen piccies of the world on the wall (was even showed one at skool) and it was flat!! The Western side i.e. left of where i live. was the right side of the Pacific. No shore-line there I can assure you! And to the East (to the right) was the "other side" of the water. Spent 24 years in the Andrew and never did fall off!! The world is round??..don't be silly!! :grin:

One Man Bands elude me and as I am color blind. I've never seen a Red Cabbage......thought they were all white???
    I prefer grass to astroturf so I must be off now. :???: :???:
  19. So Stripey the world is round eh? Well explain to me why when seen from outer space the earth( ie world) is round but its disc shaped and a disc is flat is it not? and to the reason water doesnt fall of the ends is because as every schoolboy knows, the Earth Sucks.
  20. Exactley Hig!! I didn't say the world was round! But if it is a disc (as you say, and i agree) then water will not touch earth at all points! Does this mean that when astronouts fly to that other "disc" on their way round earth do they see a thin line???? ie. the edge? Makes you wonder eh? :grin: :grin: