Yacht Cerificate taken and passed,

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by NorwayChris, Aug 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Jepp thats it done,finally ive taken and passed my ICC as coastal Skipper on a sail boat,quite proud of myself even if i do say so myself, 8)

2. Re: Yacht Master cerificate taken and passed,

So you should be! Congratulations!

What did you have to do?

3. Re: Yacht Master cerificate taken and passed,

Thankyou Soleil,i have been sailing all my life without ever taking qualifications,so 1 year ago i sat and passed an astro navigation course in Norway,then i did a practical day skippers course also in Norway,the instructor here in Spain told me that i should read up a little about chart work,first aid and pilotage, anyway i did this and then took my tests this week, 8)

4. Re: Yacht Master cerificate taken and passed,

Congratlulations Chris, well done, we'll all be down for a sail round the Med!!
    JW

5. Re: Yacht Master cerificate taken and passed,

BZ matey, when's Channel night?

6. Thanks jenwren & Alacrity174,wont have a boat before next year so channel night will be somtime around next september, :D

7. Oh Fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your sailing-boat doesn't have a big dragon's head on the bow and oars for auxillary power????? :roll:

RM

8. :D No Bergen it doesnt,when i was doing my navigation course the instuctor explained how the Vikings navigated there way over the Atlantic,them vikings were the bees knees, 8) :lol:

9. Well done Chris,we knew you could do it.
    Raising a glass to you,sad news had to have Mollie the collie put to sleep today
    Jacqueline and Tom

10. Hi guys,Cheers and sorry to hear about Mollie,i am packing the car for the trip home to Norway at the moment,take care speak soon,

Chris

11. Congrats Chris - If you decide to head West the Vikings had a designated R&R spot at L'Anse aux Meadows :thumbleft:

12. Congrats, I did that and it opened doors. 2x Fastnets, deliveries and some fun times. Enjoy :thumbleft: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbleft:

13. Congratulations Chris. BZ. :wink:
    Will now have to get a move on renovating the Montague Whaler, so I can see if your mizzen something or other in your professional knowledge.

14. Congratulations Chris. BZ. I have put our coastwatch on alert :) 8) :wink:

15. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Booze cruise for RR next summer. I'm up for it depending on who I'm hotbunking with.

Nice one bud, what you calling your boat? Titanic II?

16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

How about "AFEICA" (Another Fecking Experience I Can't Afford)? :wink:

17. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

RR/Chris could start a competition on naming the boat. Hmmmmmm

18. Congratulations, did mine a few years back so that I could chartter in Greece. Mrs Maxi did her day skipper this year.

19. Thanks all for the pat on my back, :D ,i will be out of the pic for a few days now as i am driving home to Noggie Land, ETA is tuesday morning,its 5850 kms and 650 kms of that is north of the arctic cirle,you all have a nice weekend and PLEASE drink and shag as if it was going out of fashion, :wink: 8)

20. Well done Chris. You certainly seem to grab life by the bollocks!! :wink:

What's your secret?