xmas leave

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by DublinRum, Aug 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi everyone, i finish my 10 weeks basic training on the 4th december, was wondering do i get time off after that or do i just stay there until it closes for xmas? and does anyone know the dates raleigh closes from and too over the xmas period?
  2. Focus on passing out first!!!

You haven't mentioned your chosen branch as this will effect what happens after
  3. Depends on the leave dates of your phase 2 establishment, where will you be going for phase 2? You may well do a week of phase 2 before your leave starts.
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Once you finish Basic Training the RN sends you home in a little glass box, only to be opened in cae of emergencies. Unless you are joining STC Branch, in which case you'll be on special rotational duties in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London for several months...
  5. I was reading on the intranet the STC were utilised during riots BZ STC
  6. Apparently, they were issued with CBRN gear and used as 'tunnel rats' to get behind the rioters' lines.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Used to form SPAG teams and launched off the top of The Shard at London Bridge, s'what I got learned... :shock:
  8. Depends what branch you're going into, you might get sent straight to phase 2 base (Sultan etc) or get put into holdover at Raleigh. Leave is 16/12/11 - 03/01/12 as far as I'm aware, could change!