X(sm) r.o.s

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by nellysflipflop, Dec 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon,
    Can anyone tell me the return of service for x(sm) please? I have searched on the site but most of the info is quite old. I am aware that it is in BR3 but I am currently using my phone so cant download it. Many thanks for anyone that helps.
  2. Does this help, NFF?

5303. Officers

a. RN and RM officers are required to give a ROS in recognition of the cost of their initial training which for all (except those promoted under the Senior Upper Yardman (SUY)/Senior Corps Commission (SCC) schemes) is defined as the training completed prior to joining the trained strength (e.g. Phase 1 training undertaken at BRNC Dartmouth and CTCRM Lympstone; Phase 2 professional training such as IWOC, ILOC(M) and SEMC). For officers promoted from the ranks via the SUY/SCC schemes, initial officer training is considered to be complete once individuals commence their first effective assignment.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  3. Thanks. I was looking for an ammount of years sort of thing although what I have noticed, if I am correct, that your r.o.s starts on completion of IWOC.
  4. Table 53B-2. Completion of Initial Training - All Officer Branches

Officers (inc SUY)

X(GS) IWOC On completion of Initial Warfare Officers Course (IWOC)

X(SM) IWOC On completion of Initial Warfare Officers Course (IWOC)
  5. Ok. I have a start date of r.o.s. Just need an end date.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I reckon the Return of Service, subject to confirmation by your UPO is 5 years commissioned service from completion of professional training for X(SM) but again, you'll need to confirm it yourself.