X Factor release single for Help for Heroes.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by tommo, Oct 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/article1857074.ece

I'm not a huge fan of the song although it's not too bad. But I have bought it because the profits go towards Help for Heroes and the RBL Poppy Appeal.

It only costs 65p to download so not really costing the earth but I think it's worth it.

I also did the 7 Mile Royal Marine Commando Challenge 2008 a few weeks ago on 12th October 2008 with my Older Brother (ex RN) and younger brother (always a civvi)

:thumright:

2. Its an OK song and they murdered it well - but I got my copy today. If it wasn't for a good cause, they'd have to pay me to listen to it.

3. Aye I wouldn't have gone out my way to buy it but it's the cause I did it for.

4. You not secretly admitting to buying all the sh1t songs that come out of that series then?

5. I may do why you after some? lol

6. Well if you are willing to share.... lol

7. I will let you know if I do aquire any more or not lol

8. You'll have to deliver them, I can't come down your neck of the woods - we too posh up here! lol

9. I'll send them through the business' post lol

10. That'll be the standard donkey and cart then.

11. I must have heard too many big bangs as I actually thought it sounded OK.
    It's all in a very good cause though and nice to see the applause it raised from the audience. :thumright:

12. So its you who buys all the cd's the wannabe's make - Tommo you're off the hook! :thumright:

13. Blimey! It's the Tommo & Moomin show!! Lol!

14. Just wait for the video! lol

15. It's a good job it's for a worthy cause, their miming was awful on Saturday night BUT I have downloaded the song as it's raising money for H4H and The Poppy Appeal, so it's all good in that way!

16. I'm amused that this has resulted in a fatwa(h) being declared against ITV (link):

17. Not me. the last time I bought a record it was on vinyl.