X Factor release single for Help for Heroes.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/article1857074.ece

I'm not a huge fan of the song although it's not too bad. But I have bought it because the profits go towards Help for Heroes and the RBL Poppy Appeal.

It only costs 65p to download so not really costing the earth but I think it's worth it.

I also did the 7 Mile Royal Marine Commando Challenge 2008 a few weeks ago on 12th October 2008 with my Older Brother (ex RN) and younger brother (always a civvi)

:thumright:

Its an OK song and they murdered it well - but I got my copy today. If it wasn't for a good cause, they'd have to pay me to listen to it.

I must have heard too many big bangs as I actually thought it sounded OK.
It's all in a very good cause though and nice to see the applause it raised from the audience. :thumright:

Grim_Reaper said:
It's all in a very good cause though and nice to see the applause it raised from the audience. :thumright:
So its you who buys all the cd's the wannabe's make - Tommo you're off the hook! :thumright:

It's a good job it's for a worthy cause, their miming was awful on Saturday night BUT I have downloaded the song as it's raising money for H4H and The Poppy Appeal, so it's all good in that way!

I'm amused that this has resulted in a fatwa(h) being declared against ITV (link):

As you can't fail to have noticed, the 12 X-Factor finalists have recorded a cover of the Mariah Carey hit Hero in support of the Help For Heroes charity. Bizarrely, radical Muslim preacher and all-round nutter Omar Bakri has issued a fatwa against ITV because it benefits soldiers in Iraq.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining and we would never have had the 'X-Fatwa' headline in The Sun otherwise...

Moomin said:
Grim_Reaper said:
So its you who buys all the cd's the wannabe's make - Tommo you're off the hook! :thumright:
Not me. the last time I bought a record it was on vinyl.