Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X Factor release single for Help for Heroes.

tommo

War Hero
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/article1857074.ece

I'm not a huge fan of the song although it's not too bad. But I have bought it because the profits go towards Help for Heroes and the RBL Poppy Appeal.

It only costs 65p to download so not really costing the earth but I think it's worth it.

I also did the 7 Mile Royal Marine Commando Challenge 2008 a few weeks ago on 12th October 2008 with my Older Brother (ex RN) and younger brother (always a civvi)

:thumright:

Moomin

War Hero
Its an OK song and they murdered it well - but I got my copy today. If it wasn't for a good cause, they'd have to pay me to listen to it.

Moomin

War Hero
You'll have to deliver them, I can't come down your neck of the woods - we too posh up here! lol

I must have heard too many big bangs as I actually thought it sounded OK.
It's all in a very good cause though and nice to see the applause it raised from the audience. :thumright:

Moomin

War Hero
Grim_Reaper said:
It's all in a very good cause though and nice to see the applause it raised from the audience. :thumright:

So its you who buys all the cd's the wannabe's make - Tommo you're off the hook! :thumright:

It's a good job it's for a worthy cause, their miming was awful on Saturday night BUT I have downloaded the song as it's raising money for H4H and The Poppy Appeal, so it's all good in that way!

I'm amused that this has resulted in a fatwa(h) being declared against ITV (link):

As you can't fail to have noticed, the 12 X-Factor finalists have recorded a cover of the Mariah Carey hit Hero in support of the Help For Heroes charity. Bizarrely, radical Muslim preacher and all-round nutter Omar Bakri has issued a fatwa against ITV because it benefits soldiers in Iraq.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining and we would never have had the 'X-Fatwa' headline in The Sun otherwise...

Moomin said:
Grim_Reaper said:

So its you who buys all the cd's the wannabe's make - Tommo you're off the hook! :thumright:

Not me. the last time I bought a record it was on vinyl.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Press release: Preventable illness is factor in slower life expectancy increases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MyHMCTS introduces Multi-Factor Authentication MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: X Factor charity song 2018: Government to donate VAT to children’s charities MoD News 0
vauxhall The X Factor Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS News story: Developing a multi-factor authentication solution for mobile devices MoD News 0
angry_mac X factor.... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 25
soleil Yeovil Express: "Royal Navy Pride For X Factor Winners Little Mix" The Fleet Air Arm 0
bluevillain X Factor Diamond Lil's 10
BillyNoMates The ASBO Factor. Diamond Lil's 5
R077 Forced to watch X Factor Diamond Lil's 47
BillyNoMates "X-Factor" losers Tour dates for 2010. Diamond Lil's 1
whitemouse X Factor - terrorsit threat Current Affairs 4
NotmeChief Girls aloud on X Factor - well one of them anyway. The Quarterdeck 4
brazenhussy RR Factor Diamond Lil's 48
S X FACTOR Current Affairs 9
MoD_RSS Test to Release: England introduces testing strategy for international arrivals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKHO announces the release of the Seabed Mapping Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Executive release and determinate recalls - A joint approach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statistical press release: Energy Consumption in the UK 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK energy statistics: statistical press release - September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fisheries officers release 10,000 fish into the River Thet MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pause to prisoner early release scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New release shows the value of the Union to the nations of the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statistical press release: Digest of UK Energy Statistics 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 30-year anniversary of landmark release of red kites in the Chiltern Hills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl release research on stability of COVID-19 in the air MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK energy statistics: statistical press release - June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Latest statistical release now available MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board statement on prisoner early release scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Geospatial Commission to release core identifiers under Open Government Licence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Temporary release of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
soleil Film: 'Greyhound', starring Tom Hanks - 1942 - A Convoy Edges Across The Atlantic - Release Date: May 2020 History 3
MoD_RSS Automatic early release of terrorists ends MoD News 0
MoD_RSS End to automatic early release of terrorists MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO press release: Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Morocco - September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO press release: Change of British High Commissioner to India - Spring 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO press release: Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Niger - March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO press release: Change of British High Commissioner to Tonga - February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on release of US proposals for Middle East peace MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press Release: UKin...Pavia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK welcomes the release and exchange of prisoners in Ukraine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK energy statistics: statistical press release - December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Office statement on Russia's release of three Ukrainian vessels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Release of the Stena Impero, 27 September 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK energy statistics: statistical press release - September 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statistical press release: Digest of UK Energy Statistics 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Traineeships help young people to access jobs and further study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK House Price Index for April 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Insurance fraud lands boss 12-year bankruptcy restrictions MoD News 0