WWIII here we go!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by 2_deck_dash, Nov 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nope. We're not that desperate yet... :? :D
  2. What?!?! :shock: :wink:
  3. Whatever they do they better not screw up my extenders!
  4. sgtpepperband

...Aaaanyway, after reading that link about the Korea incident, I was surprised (well, maybe I shouldn't be!) to see the list of the top most popular stories on the BBC news website. Despite the Asian hostilties, the "story" that William and Kate are getting married in April is still the most highly read page at the moment... :oops: :roll:
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Another timely incident involving conflict, an island & deployable Naval fixed-wing capability.

Wonder if the mothball boxes have been unwrapoped yet?
  6. Fcukin magical MOD powers! That's cheating that is!
  7. sgtpepperband

Hmm... I wonder if Thatcher will be defrosted from her cryogenic state and offer advice to the Cabinet? :?

(Speaking of which, is it me, or is she looking more like Kim Jong-il the older she gets?)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  8. Ninja_Stoker

One would rather hope, similar to the Falklands, that a random Admiral suggests to 'Dave' that sending an aircraft carrier & a few harriers maybe diplomatically prudent.
  9. Are you serious NS?!!!

If so, that is even more tenuous than the recent retired admirals letter regarding the Falklands!

10. And your point is SPB???? :lol: :lol:

Dont forget the other great story to throb everyone out on the list, "bottled water is liquid gold". The title made my eyes bleed! :)
  11. Ninja_Stoker

:wink: Stranger things happen at sea.

Doubtless the RAF Harrier pilots would be delighted with the prospect of another sea draft with their Admiralty compulsory companions.
  12. Perhaps if we had a march on Parliament the something would happen!

Dont worry I will get Leathal47 to drum up support on Facebook so we/I wouldnt look like complete mong/mongs :)
  13. He's in Ireland organising protest marches over there at the moment.
  14. This phrase might be of use then:

나는 단지 2ì²™ì˜ ë°°ê°€ 있고, 부서진다 (I only have two ships, and they are broken)
  15. I was thinking more about the fact that:

a. Operating a carrier in that area may not be the most sensible option given recent events and...

b. Last time I checked, there was the odd airfield and 'special' length of road in S Korea!

16. So it should be what could possibly be more important?
  17. Ninja_Stoker

As a former stoker, one would have to concede my strategic military planning may well be flawed, but similarly there are equally potential flaws in option b, from a bilge-rat perspective, which perhaps suggest a Harrier is better placed to operate from a roadway or grass airfield than a Typhoon.
  18. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Last time we immediately sailed an aircraft carrier from Hong Hong. Haven't got either now. Crabs never got there at all.
  19. Dont worry NS

Its the end of the month so the Typhoons will be out of flying hours by now the multi million pound jets that they are! :lol: