WW2 ships that sank

Sealine30

I am working on my family tree and was quizzing mum (92) about her brother. She told me that he was in the Navy and was on a ship that was attacked, he was rescued and transported to Australia. She cannot remember the name of the ship and we do not know any of his surviving family to be able to request his naval record. Does anyone know which ships that he could possibly have been serving on to the up in Aus? George H Whale was born in 1923

I am working on my family tree and was quizzing mum (92) about her brother. She told me that he was in the Navy and was on a ship that was attacked, he was rescued and transported to Australia. She cannot remember the name of the ship and we do not know any of his surviving family to be able to request his naval record. Does anyone know which ships that he could possibly have been serving on to the up in Aus? George H Whale was born in 1923
Check the crew lists for HMS Repulse, and HMS Prince Of Wales. You can at least rule them out, If he's not on them.