WW1 Celebrations

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, Sep 26, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I suggest we have a thread to include what's happening around the Country ref WW1 events.

Started for 10

Huntingdon RNA will be present next to RAFA (maybe they should turn up 10 mins before the end, just like the war)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. I was going to question your choice of "celebrations" but, having read the Cromwell's Birthplace piece, I think I see your point. Sounds like a jolly weekend, fun for all.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Just a point on the late on parade comment; I suspect that it's hard to turn to on time when you don't yet exist. [​IMG]
  4. I'll credit them with a least 8 months! However that could have been the RNAS/RFC handover

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sent to me by Soleil.

Three of the wounded embroiderers were Naval - 2 RMLIs and 1 RNAS. The RMLIs were badly hurt at Gallipoli.

The research is suggesting that the men helped with the embroidery while at Haslar.

6. At least eight months? Seven and a half at most!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Al set up and ready to go. Huntingdon riverside if your in the area shipmates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411808210.305520.jpg
  8. 8 Hours, £41

9. AAF

AAF Badgeman

But at least you are making an effort JFH , which is commendable.
  10. Cheers mate

Had RAFA next to us and their chairman dripped that our ensign was in their view when taking photos. Then started asking why we are flying them as they cannot fly the RAF duster. Our Sec said nothing in our rules so FFing do one (not quite as blunt as that). He's the same clown who picks fault with the adjacent stalls at every event.

Wound him up by saying they were coming around to check the Public Liability Insurance, he panicked and scuttled back to his tent.

• Like Like x 1