Wrong Thread

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Guzzler, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I notice that the ARRSE moderators manage to keep threads relevant whereas there appears to be a bit of an open forum for dullards to spout a load of self-centered gibberish on any thread here.

I accept the philosophy 'if you don't like it, don't read it' but as almost every thread has racist bile from '4to8' and a few others, there is little else to turn to.

Pity that. I've enjoyed it on here.
  2. I agree with you but do not give up. Not just yet .....
  3. I do agree in recent weeks some of the threads have become chidish ,perverse and boring but it will pass. :pain10:
  4. Fair one johne, I just don't want to be a hypocrite.

Had a couple of disagreements on issues which, as we all know, is part of being pusser. No problem there at all.

Seems to me though that some just wish to turn everything to their own small-minded twisted agenda, and it's getting predictable and dull.
  5. Concur
  6. A 21 man can never be bad/wrong :thumbright:
  7. I concur .But do we let a few foul mouth bigots spoil it for all. :x
  8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Site Issues,,,,hmmmmmmmm,,,,,personnel issues????
  9. Each to their own of course, but I agree. But you have to remember it's an "open forum" so anything goes. If you go off topic so be it, mods are not always there to remedy.....guess that's why I only "lurk" now and am not a great poster....life in a blue suit?? :roll:
  10. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Agree, but as it's late and I've done the fridge I can't elaborate. Suffice to say; this is why Lamri has gone.
  11. RIP Lamri!!! :? :eek: :( :..ok, off to bed (said some bright spark!!)
  12. Hang on before we get all teary eyed over young Lamri i suggest you read the thread below and digest.

Now as you can see the initial comment that i made was in fact a joke which in further posts he obviously misread and decided to go all "drama queen" about it. If i had in fact offended him reference his actual friend and not the bald cnut i suggested then i would have apologised but he obviously wanted some mileage over it. It wasn't the first time him and i crossed swords and on this occasion he came off worse and couldn't even man up enough to apologise or even admit he had made a mistake!! It was after this thread that he then decided enough was enough which is his prerogative!!

And just to clear a few other things up on here, i know the persons you refer to who are causing a general nuisance on this site but concider the words of young Hig who pointed out a while ago that the site was dying a death from newbie posts and general boneness about "The G-Spot" At least the said individuals have got people engaging brain and actually responding to the outrageous comments that some of us make instead of looking and going "Oh christ not another shite post about something that happened 70 years ago"

Thats my 2 Pence worth
  13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I know Hig is old, but not that fecking old... 8O :lol:
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...anyway, just to continue with Guzzler's original post, I do admit that I get frustrated (but not angry) by the general 'right-of-centre' opinions posted here. But they are just that - opinions. I still stand by my ethics that everyone has a right to voice theirs, regardless of how contrary they are. And although I may disagree with them, but I would never tell anyone that their opinion is wrong or that they should remove their post (unless it breaches RR OPSEC/PERSEC rules).

Despite what some may think, there are far more important things going on in my life and any abuse displayed on here is nothing in comparision to what I and others sustain face-to-face on a daily basis, whether it be on the streets of the UK, Afghanistan or anywhere else in the world. Once I have posted an opinion on a thread or said my piece, I tend to move on and contribute to other threads.

Life's too short to get bitter and twisted about what other people think; by all means debate but don't argue. If you allow something to get under your skin and fester, then the other person has won...

15. Moderators are there to do that, simple and basic.
    When and if a moderator allows their own personal prejudice to affect that task, then they become an internet bully.
  16. I appreciate that spb and didn't mean to have a go a mods personally. My point was that there is a place for the more extreme views which appears to be adhered to on ARRSE, whereas our own little BNP seem to take joy in pushing their foul views on every thread.

Even a dig on a thread about a fallen comrade I see.

The shame.
  17. Could you put a link up to provide evidence of this guzzler as i want to see what your on about for myself
  18. If the reference is to Lamri (and assuming it's the same person) he regularly posts on the Plymouth Evening Herald website
  19. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

WreckerL bud, I don’t think Guzzler is talking about Lamri. Its more to do with either MODS who are not controlling their forum or certain members have crossed the line in the sand drawn by Guzzler. What I believe is some members have become brash and vulgar in forums that Guzzler and others think are sacred.

Rubber has a point, after making a reggie ass of himself, Lamri has disappeared. Maybe some of the other MODS can shed light on this?
  20. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Lamri PM'd me before he left. I won't go into details, but he had had enough of threads going the way Guzzler has described. Yes he got the wrong end of the stick on that thread, but his frustration was in general to many threads.