WRNS

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
Wrens were not easily embarrassed but some were when they were drafted to the likes of:-

HMS Impregnable--"I'LL MAKE YOU PREGNABLE DARLING"
HMS Vulture
HMS Gamecock
HMS Tern ? Only when they discovered that it was RNAS Twatt

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Wrens were not easily embarrassed but some were when they were drafted to the likes of:-

HMS Vulture
HMS Gamecock
Funny. If you're a 13 year old, pre pubescent boy.

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger

HMS Vulture
HMS Gamecock
I've just been reminded by an old wren that HMS Hornbill at Culham raised a few eyebrows. It moved from Culham to RAF Beccles where it became HMS Hornbill 2

WreckerL

War Hero
The things they chuckled about whilst sat in the air raid shelter, I suppose it took the mind off the falling bombs!

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger

HMS Vulture
HMS Gamecock
We had HMS's Cockchafer and Pansy sans wrens sadly

WreckerL

War Hero
No rush, honestly, take your time (10 years is a nice round figure) but for your amusement...HMS Starfish and HMS Snapper.

Taztiff

War Hero
Digging out a load of further rib-tickling sexual ships' names to amuse you. More later.
No rush, honestly, take your time (10 years is a nice round figure) but for your amusement...HMS Starfish and HMS Snapper.
And the old favourite, HMS Dido with the legendary T shirt -
'If Typhoo put the 'T' in T bags, who's going to put the 'L' in Dido?'

But agree with the 10 years - or more.....

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I think we have a few good 'uns from the Submarine Service - most obvious is Ursula, then Revenge, Superb, Talent...... I'll get my hat!

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
Big Nance must have been Repulse! Anyone who went there would have Courageous and Valiant.
HMS Biter from the Wafoo a WW2 Woolworth Carrier 's name caused some smiles when the word biter was later looked up in the 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue--A Dictionary of Buckish Slang, University Wit and Pickpocket Eloquence.
"BITER . A wench whose mouth is ready to bite her clients arse at coitus. A lascivious, rampant wench"

No reference to the P/T lady sailors of today's HMS Biter P270. clearly.

Seadog

War Hero
HMS BEAVER sent young men with room temperature IQs into guffawing, dribbling dung trumpets.