WRNS Uniform

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by lyndseytaggart555, Aug 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They don't come in such monstrous sizes. We have a strict fitness code in the RN. You'll have to stop eating pies and try again. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Perhaps she wants to pull a matelot and thinks a spli ... oops .... female ratings costume will do the trick

Naïve at best :)

3. I recently got back in touch (through a reunion) with an ex-wren that I served with at Mercury. She was in the WRNS for 4½ years and was forced to hand all her kit back upon discharge from Pompey barracks. Absolutely everything, even her shoes, which she too-late realised she'd actually paid for herself when her issued pair wore out!! Even her blue kit bag, Wrens handbag and 2 lids had to be handed back. She's quite sad about it now, because the only things that she's still got are the 5 cap ribbons from her drafts (which include Raleigh & Mercury from her training). Buying it all back again from Ebay wouldn't really be the same thing.
    And here's me, after all these years, with about 90% of my kit still in my possession, sitting in my kitbag in my mum's loft. Well, last time I looked, anyway........