Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

written confirmation for RNAC and Basic Training

GuyC

Badgeman
I've been booked onto RNAC (October) and been informed I have start date for HMS Raleigh (3rd Jan).

But to date I have received zero confirmation in writing of any of this, only what I've been informed over the telephone.

As I'm sure many, if not all of you are excited about what is due to come in the coming months and years ahead of us in the RN.

I would dearly love something in writing confirming this, so I can hold and see in black and white that its actually happening.

When I spoke to my CA at the AFCO she advised me I wont get anything through till a few weeks before each of those courses. Yet I've read on here that several people received written confirmation a few days after hearing they got a start date.

Is this something that differs from career office to career office, or am I missing something!?

Ackers

I received my RNAC letter about a month ago (which starts October 12th) and I received my Joining date letter yesterday (for joining in Feb). I haven't had any discussions with my AFCO on the phone.

scouse

War Hero
Ackers said:
I received my RNAC letter about a month ago (which starts October 12th) and I received my Joining date letter yesterday (for joining in Feb). I haven't had any discussions with my AFCO on the phone.
:roll: No probs take steam iron/ ironing board,and Mum along, and ask for an extra Pillow. ( Retention Retention) :lol: :lol: Ask for leave when you arrive their :wink: from your new very nice best friend D.O. 8)

DeepHeat

Badgeman
scouse said:
Ackers said:
:roll: No probs take steam iron/ ironing board,and Mum along, and ask for an extra Pillow. ( Retention Retention) :lol: :lol: Ask for leave when you arrive their :wink: from your new very nice best friend D.O. 8)

Don't forget how soon you can leave to join a diffrent Navy.

GuyC

Badgeman
Cheers matt, leading on from that, when were you advised of your start date, assuming longer than 6 weeks ago.

Matt1981

I think it was end of may not 100% though i did get told i would be looking at an july entry but then got letter for sept 13th.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Written Ministerial Statement: 19 October meeting of the Withdrawal Agreement Joint Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Written Ministerial Statement: fourth meeting of the Withdrawal Agreement Joint Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Written statement from Chair of Ofqual to the Education Select Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Review of electoral regulation: written evidence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Written Ministerial Statement: Second meeting of the Withdrawal Agreement Joint Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Correspondence between PSPRB Chair and Prisons Minister: 2020 England and Wales written evidence and submission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Written Ministerial Statement by the Secretary of State MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Artificial Intelligence and Public Standards: written evidence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final local government finance settlement 2020 to 2021: written statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Baroness Morgan’s Written Ministerial Statement to the House of Lords on UK Telecommunications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Written Ministerial Statement by the Secretary of State Baroness Morgan of Cotes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Safeguarding in the aid sector: Written Ministerial Statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Written Ministerial Statement by the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Written Ministerial Statement on Secretary of State's 'minded to' intervene decision. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Final local government finance settlement 2019 to 2020: written statement MoD News 0
G RFA written test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Written Ministerial Statement: government accountability and transparency - December 2018 MoD News 0
S Written letters? Joining the Royal Navy 3
J Has no one ever written a book/run private training courses on BRNC/Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
BillyNoMates Shakespeare re-written. (Richard III) Diamond Lil's 2
soleil New RN Website - HMS Raleigh - Recruit Diaries Written By Current Recruits Bases / Shore Est 16
M 'We fought them in Gunboats' hand written insert info 1944 History 8
soleil The PM's Statement To The House On The SDSR In Written Form Current Affairs 3
R Failed written test :( RMR 11
soleil MoD loses wills written by Armed Forces personnel Current Affairs 7
soleil RN Museum to display letter written by HMS Victoria survivor History 0
exspy Why Have so Few Post WWII RM Novels Been Written? Social & Reunions 10
P How do you decide who to marry (Written by kids) Diamond Lil's 7
P Capita confirmation Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Government response: Confirmation of UK Government agreement to extend Article 50 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government response: Confirmation of UK Government agreement to Article 50 extension MoD News 0
W BRNC - Confirmation Course Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
N 2 week confirmation course Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
S Confirmation of Training Pipeline Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
G Confirmation on Warfare Officer Training Pipeline Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
wannabeaet 7 weeks away - still no confirmation letter Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S Confirmation letter Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
slim Confirmation of what we old farts have been saying for years Diamond Lil's 31
J Phase 1 confirmation weekend RMR 13
O RNAC(S)/ PRNC 21 October 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Genghis My account of events at PRNC (RNAC) at HMS Collingwood Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Cameroon..James99 Fitness after completing the PRNC/RNAC Joining the Royal Navy 4
Y Rnac this monday fareham Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
alexissonice RNAC best mess Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 71
M HMS Collingwood - RNAC - 30th of September 2013 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R RNAC Vid Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
G RNAC 16th April Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
R RNAC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
B Rnac ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
R Anyone going on RNAC course at HMS Collingwood 26th September? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9