Writing a novel about the Falklands War...

I'm an author from the states and have started the research stage of an upcoming novel that I will be writing about the Falklands War. I am married to a Naval Officer (Lt. Cdr.), and my wife and I are flying to England in March to conduct on-location research for the novel and hopefully meet with and interview some veterans of the war (I already have one medic from the Galahad lined up).

I was wondering if anyone can assist me with either getting in touch with any veteran of the war (does not have to be naval) or help me pass on a message to any available veterans (if no one is comfortable giving me contact info directly.)

Just to legitimatize myself: other than being married to a Lt. Cdr., I have been a police officer since 2002 and have published four novels since 2007, with one of them nominated for a Hugo Award.

Thank you for your time and any assistance anyone might be able to help with.

I'm an author from the states and have started the research stage of an upcoming novel that I will be writing about the Falklands War. I am married to a Naval Officer (Lt. Cdr.), and my wife and I are flying to England in March to conduct on-location research for the novel and hopefully meet with and interview some veterans of the war (I already have one medic from the Galahad lined up).

I was wondering if anyone can assist me with either getting in touch with any veteran of the war (does not have to be naval) or help me pass on a message to any available veterans (if no one is comfortable giving me contact info directly.)

Just to legitimatize myself: other than being married to a Lt. Cdr., I have been a police officer since 2002 and have published four novels since 2007, with one of them nominated for a Hugo Award.

Thank you for your time and any assistance anyone might be able to help with.
http://www.sama82.org.uk/

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Yes, conflict is the optimal word. I did search Falkland on the site before I made this post. I'll make another pass though to make sure I didn't miss anything.

barny006

Lantern Swinger
If you contact 2nd H.M.S. Manchester association most of the first Commission were off H.M.S.Coventry ,I am sure that you will be put in contact with a Few of them

In every war or conflict, there has to be an enemy otherwise it would all be a waste of time and resources.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a523209.pdf

An interesting viewpoint, and worthy of study. But I would suggest that flaws undermine its overall credibility.

On pp 34-35 the author quotes Argentine and "unofficial British sources" as saying that on May 29 1982, HMS Invincible was attacked by Super Etendard and A-4 aircraft and that one Exocet and three 500-pound bombs "impacted on the Invincible."

He goes on to say: "Britain has never officially acknowledged any damage to the Invincible in this attack. British air defense Sea Dart missiles shot down two Argentine aircraft during the air attack, but according to Argentina, the mission was accomplished."

At least he did not claim that Invincible was sunk, and replaced by a secretly-built ship of the same design - a point of view that has repeatedly been claimed by some in Argentina.

Yes, and he was on Sheff. Don't think I'll bother him, as he is very 'tender' about the whole thing.
I was trying to give some Persec and not name his pre Mechs ship? We did basic, killicks & Mechs together, the only diff in our official number was the letter at the end? And obviously Dolphin benders course together