Writing a book

I know my writing aint good but should i try and write a book about royal marine training and my life in the marines (if i pass out). Its only a thought lol probaly a stupid one.

You could keep a page-a-day diary which you could fill in each evening after you've finished work. Another good idea is that writing your diary entries will keep you busy and stop you getting bored on exercises, especially if you're doing OP work. Don't forget to take a red or green torch for making notes at night. Hope this helps.

Don't forget to take a good quality fountain pen and a bottle of Quink Ink on OP's too.
There is NO EXCUSE for shoddy penmanship!

:rendeer:

HarryBosch said:
You could keep a page-a-day diary which you could fill in each evening after you've finished work. Another good idea is that writing your diary entries will keep you busy and stop you getting bored on exercises, especially if you're doing OP work. Don't forget to take a red or green torch for making notes at night. Hope this helps.
Surely a laptop would be more beneficial, then he could play some games or e-mail his mates when he had completed that days entry and was off watch. :w00t:
NZB

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hmm, I seem to have left my Chico loafing somewhere - anyone seen it in here? I left him in the Submarines forum but he seems to have gone walkabout... he does that now and again and gets confused about what it wants to do when it joins up or when no-one talks to it for a while; perhaps if I secured it in the Gash Barge it might not get lost again...

Thanks for your forebearance!

:wink:

sgtpepperband said:
Hmm, I seem to have left my Chico loafing somewhere - anyone seen it in here? I left him in the Submarines forum but he seems to have gone walkabout... he does that now and again and gets confused about what it wants to do when it joins up or when no-one talks to it for a while; perhaps if I secured it in the Gash Barge it might not get lost again...

Thanks for your forebearance!

:wink:
He's like a labrador puppy on roller blades. I'll let you know if I see him :thumright:

wet_blobby

War Hero
Cracking idea chico, do you need some ghost writers?

Chapter one, page one, paragraph one.

"Today mummy let me use the computer and talk to people, she said if I was a good boy she might let me use it tomorrow. I found a website full of navy and marine people, they where fun, I couldn't understand some of the comments but I think they were funny."

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Chapter 1: "One day I went to the Careers Office to join the RN/RM/whatever, but they said I was a Walt so I went home on the 'special bus' and licked the windows..." 8O