Writers - end of the line?

Clouseau

Banned
Now I've (nearly) got JPA and I've been word processing my own letters for years will we be shortly saying goodbye to the Writer Branch?

i/cflyingcircus

Midshipman
Has anyone else heard the warning to keep back approx. 1 months pay in case/when the JPA comes on line and Fcuks everything up? Apparently we can all expect up to 3 months of pay turbulence!

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Realistically there shouldn't be a requirement to do this. You should always be able to draw on the emergency payment system if you get nothing.

My understanding is that main salary has been relatively trouble-free. It's all the additional allowances such as Flying Pay, etc which have been affected. I suppose this means that the Sun Dodgers and WAFU's amongst us need to plan accordingly.

What's the implementation date again (haven't seen anything official about it out here).

SF (always an optimist)

i/cflyingcircus

Midshipman
SF ref the salary, did you hear 4000-ish crabs didn't recieve their pay at all for a period after they ot JPA? I know that glitch should have been sorted, but...?

Energency payments, or so we have been told have only been guarenteed up to 50% of your monthly wage.

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Christ on a bike!! Didn't know that one.

So when is it coming in then? (haven't got access to the system)

SF

Clouseau

Banned
i/cflyingcircus said:
SF ref the salary, did you hear 4000-ish crabs didn't recieve their pay at all for a period after they ot JPA? I know that glitch should have been sorted, but...?

Energency payments, or so we have been told have only been guarenteed up to 50% of your monthly wage.
Urban (military) Myth

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Score is one for and one against! Anyone care to cast the deciding vote and I still want to know when it's coming in (last I heard was July but was delayed).

Ta

SF

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
SILVER_FOX said:
Score is one for and one against! Anyone care to cast the deciding vote and I still want to know when it's coming in (last I heard was July but was delayed).

Ta

SF
23rd October I think.... I'll check later this evening (aka late tonight for UK residents).

Just one little question, many civilian companies willcompensate employees for additional costs caused by systematic cock ups in pay, ie if you pay goes in late and there are bank charges as a result you can claim those charges back. You have a contractual right to be paid on the due day, failure to do so is brreach of contract and compensation can be sought.

Peter

i/cflyingcircus said:

Instead of being paid £1,500 for a months work when the new JPA came in my better half got paided the grand total of £1.50 one month and £150 the next, that was 6 months ago and his pay still isn't 100% right

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Deep joy all round then. So much to look forward to.

I have a feeling that my Mr Angry head is going to be needed.

SF

Ref comments on J NO PAY not working for the crabs - that was because very few had undertaken the e-learning package that should be available to all on the MoD Intranet...somewhere.
Ref comments that it'll work on day 1 - the Nazis did propaganda as well.
Writers? Probably need a few. Bet you can't run one for negligence.

drunken_engineer said:
Writers? Probably need a few. Bet you can't run one for negligence.

No change there then-----------

Problems ring the automated telephone helpline------and probably get a Bombay/Calcutta based call centre for a lively discussion :lol: :lol:

brigham600

War Hero
Does the implementation of JPA mean that writers will fall back to the lower pay band now they do not actually have a job? Thought not.

Only thing that's changed for me is the next time someone calls and asks how much leave they have, instead of "However much you had the last time you asked me that, minus however much you've had since then", I can now say "Fcuk off and look it up yourself."

Writers are Higher Pay Band? Who do I whinge to for my back pay, then?

Navyred

Midshipman
Clouseau said:
Nicely hijacked thread....

And what of the writer branch?
The Writer Branch is no more from 31 Mar 2007. Writers become Logistic Personnel and the new Branch Badge is LPers. Welcome all the new lepers to the RN!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Intake dates for writers 2020? Joining the Royal Navy 8
M Any Logi Writers out there? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C Waiting Time for Writers? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R Royal Naval Writers' Association Social & Reunions 10
H Any other writers out there? Hobbies & The Great Indoors 40
B Quick one for the writers - GPD Finance & Pensions 14
soleil "Welsh Motoring Writers Conclude Affiliation Agreement With HMS Dragon" The Fleet 2
J waiting times for writers Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
E Writers / Peronnel Logi Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B Quick one for any writers UPO mob. Finance & Pensions 14
P Book on the Writers branch History 8
W writers The Gash Barge 16
kingoftwigs JPA and Writers The Fleet 24
F Loss of Writers in RNR Units Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
MoD_RSS Preparations for the end of the Transition Period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progressing on a political process to end the Syrian conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS TUI UK to complete refunds by the end of the month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calls to end ‘blight’ of graffiti on roads and railways as part of Great British September Clean MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence: An inspection of UKVI’s ‘Front End Services’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World leaders pay tribute as nation falls silent to mark 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World leaders pay tribute as nation falls silent to mark the 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War MoD News 0
MoD_RSS To end racial disparity we require your absolute focus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS End to maintenance schedule relaxation and extended temporary bus schedules included in traffic commissioner COVID-19 advice update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS End of mission of Her Majesty's Ambassador to Paraguay MoD News 0
Sumo Skate Board Lands End to John o' Groats Charity 0
MoD_RSS Major new campaign to prepare UK for end of the transition period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS "Blame game" to end as Divorce Bill receives Royal Assent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government accelerates border planning for the end of the Transition Period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 6000 new supported homes as part of landmark commitment to end rough sleeping MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social housing sector was in a good financial position at end of March 2020 but faces considerable challenges due to coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor extends furlough scheme to end of June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lucy’s Law spells the beginning of the end for puppy farming MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England End of Year Statement MoD News 0
Sumo End of an era Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS UK calls on Russia to end unlawful control of Crimea on sixth anniversary of annexation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1 billion deal to end poor rural mobile coverage agreed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Landmark Immigration Bill to end free movement introduced to Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Africa Minister champions UK leadership to help educate girls and end preventable deaths MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK welcomes US deal with the Taliban and calls for Afghan leaders to seize opportunity to end decades of conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Upholding the UN Charter in order to end the violence in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister sets out new measures to end rough sleeping MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reiterating the call for an end to conflict in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS End to automatic early release of terrorists MoD News 0
MoD_RSS End of coal power to be brought forward in drive towards net zero MoD News 0
soleil YT: "End of the Stig? - Super Jaguar Vs Harrier Jet - Top Gear" The Fleet Air Arm 1
MoD_RSS Divorce ‘blame game’ to end MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jenrick overhauls tenancy agreement to help end pet bans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces Survivor Champions to help end sexual violence in conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK will step up efforts to end preventable deaths of mothers, new-born babies and children in the developing world by 2030 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Outlaws' ‘merry adventures’ brought to an end MoD News 0