Writer Waiting Time

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by MissAyla, Mar 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I recently passed my RT, but have not got a date for my medical yet. But does anyone know how long roughly the waiting time is for a writer?

:angel7:Thanks x

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Odds are your application may not necessarily be processed beyond the recruiting test for up to six months due to the fact there's currently about an 18 month wait & all other elements of selection would "time expire" during this period.

If in doubt, give your AFCO a ring.

Best of luck

4. Hi, I am currently waiting to join as a Writer I passed my RT in April 2010, then went on to complete the rest of the recruitment process. I'm just now waiting for my date like everyone else, doubt it will be this year though (so my CA tells me)

5. Hi Ninja, Could you please advise me what kind of waiting time I would have for a writer. I failed my AIB but have passed all other recruitment processes including security clearance.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ninja will be with you shortly, when he's finished polishing his crystal balls. And scratching his hairy ones... :wink:

But as the good man himself has stated - on too many occasions to mention:

Capicé? :roll:

7. LMFAO :laughing2:

8. heyy im going in as a writer to my afco phoned me last week about going on the rnac and he also said that the wait is about two years