Writer submariner

BoB in

Hopefully right place for first post
So my daughter leaves school next May and has her heart set on going in, she's been told at the moment it's a 6 month wait roughly
Is there many females on subs? She pretty thick skinned an can give as good as she gets lol
A buddie of mine who served said it wasn't a bad role to do

soleil

War Hero
The numbers are increasing, BoB in. Women have only been able to serve on submarines for about the last 5 years, so the male/female ratio isn't like that of the surface fleet.

How far has she got with her application?

rhun

Midshipman
The boat I'm on is a Stag boat however I've seen an increasing amount of females on the other 2 commissioned A boats. Not many but still, they seem to stick together.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BoB in

Soleil, she not outta school till roughly this time next yr but she working on her fitness etc , it's what she got her heart set on

soleil

War Hero
Sounds good.

Two tips, apart from the fitness, which she is already doing, are:

1. Check out the RT, which is the entrance test she will need to do. Get some practice in including against the clock, because the time goes very quickly when you are actually answering the questions.

2. Pick up a copy of Navy News at somewhere like W H Smith, to get up to speed with deployments etc. It's also available online.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/joining/get-ready-to-join/practise-for-rt-test/reasoning

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Writer (Submariner) Submariners 27
N Phase 2 for a Logistics Writer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S All Arms Commando Course, Writer Branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
W Logistician (Writer) wait time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Rank of Writer 3rd Class (1914-18) History 7
R Women submariners? Writer? Joining the Royal Navy 9
J Joining as a writer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
K Writer phase 2 training Joining the Royal Navy 0
Ahoy89 Writer or CIS? Decisions! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
Ahoy89 'Approx' waiting times? Writer/CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
L Changes to GYH(T) for single personnel - Writer help needed UPO 29
B Writer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) Writer - Wiltshire The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
M Writer Waiting Time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
M Royal Navy Writer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Bid Writer - FRES Work Package The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
deano_navy Anyone else joining as a Writer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
E Anyone a Personnel Logistician ? (Logi , Writer ?) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
P RN Pscyhometric Examination - 2 points short to be a Writer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
R Careers Advice on Writer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
B What uniforms would I get as a writer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
N Submariner Sea Time? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
4 Any tips for getting in the right frame of mind as a submariner? Joining the Royal Navy 19
X Eyesight requirements for submariner Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
H Joining as a marine engineer (submariner) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C Weapons engineer Officer application (submariner) Joining the Royal Navy 1
soleil FB: RNRMC - Happy 100th Birthday Harry Melling - Britain's Oldest WW2 Submariner Submariners 2
H Basic training rent, submariner rent in faslane Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil LadBible: "Former Navy Submariner Shares Coping Strategies For Self-Isolation And Social Distancing" Submariners 3
L Advice on whether or not to join as a submariner Joining the Royal Navy 14
soleil NWE Mail: "Submariner Memorial Appeal - Competition To Celebrate The RN Launched By BAE In Barrow" Submariners 7
soleil i News: "'You’re Only Ever 15 minutes Away From Launching A Missile': What It Was Like To Be A Cold War Submariner" Submariners 13
soleil FB: RN Recruitment - An Insight Into The Medical Assistant (Submariner) Role Submariners 0
soleil Refinery 29: "Money Diary - A Submariner On £43k In Her Last Week On Shore For Months" Submariners 17
J Weapons Engineering Officer (submariner) Joining the Royal Navy 2
I MA - GS OR Submariner ?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
B Latest Warfare Officer (Submariner) Pipeline Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B Advice on being a submariner (aiming for bombers) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
S NSMBOS / EMPLOYABILITY Submariner Health & Fitness 2
C Submariner Wet and Dry Training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
R Submariner medical assistant training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
P Submariner time at sea Submariners 8
Ninja_Stoker ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME – MARINE, WEAPONS, AIR AND SUBMARINER ENGINEERS - 2018 UPDATE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
P Submariner Nuclear Retention Pay Submariners 16
G warfare submariner Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Antonio555 How much will i really earn? CIS submariner Joining the Royal Navy 8
soleil Telegraph: "Commander Ken Frewer, Submariner – Obituary" Submariners 1
S Submariner, Sonar Joining the Royal Navy 37
P What happens when a submariner asks the internet to pay for his wedding? Diamond Lil's 10
A Help Tracing a Submariner Submariners 8